W205 coupe advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Delayed Steve

Car
2016 C200 coupe
Tomorrow I have a appointment to view a w205 coupe at my local dealer. I have a few of questions that I hope you guys can help me with.
1, with it being a brand new model is there any chance of a discount? I have to admit I'm not expecting any .
2, if there's a waiting list of a few months how will they value my p/x ?
3, is it best to go for premium or premium plus? Is comand worth having if I only use the car for personal use?
Hope you can help ,thanks.

1) discount hard to get at the minute assuming factory order...but is possible!

2)apparently aprox 3 to 4 months build time cant answer the px for sure but they will likely value your px on its market value at the time (which probably wont be a lot different from now)
3) go premium plus!

note. I went for drive assit, premium plus, 19'' alloys, privacy glass, leather dashboard and belt holders/door trims (well worth it imho) intelligent lights and 360 camera

Tomorrow I have a appointment to view a w205 coupe at my local dealer. I have a few of questions that I hope you guys can help me with.
1, with it being a brand new model is there any chance of a discount? I have to admit I'm not expecting any .
2, if there's a waiting list of a few months how will they value my p/x ?
3, is it best to go for premium or premium plus? Is comand worth having if I only use the car for personal use?
Hope you can help ,thanks.

look at carwow, orangewheels and drivethedeal before getting a quote.

Consider the E Coupé - good deals to be had and in my opinion how a coupe should be (no B pillar, frameless doors and the E coupe is on the same chasis as the C class anyway with E level equipment).

Thanks for the replies guys,,
I'll see what they have to say tomorrow, the e class deals do seem good on line but I've set my heart on the c class. I haven't seen one in the flesh yet though.

If you have no luck, I'll give you some discount on one. Just PM me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should get a discount and IMHO, premium plus isn't worth the extra money. The Garmin NAV is ok and it's hard to justify the extra if it's your money. iPods plug straight into the USB socket so not sure who would use the hard drive with COMMAND. Different if buying used as you might as well have it but new you won't get your money back. I've just bought a year old C220d estate. Interestingly when looking around very few had premium plus so can't be many speccing it.

Would have to disagree, pano roof is a pleasure to the cabin, lightens it up no end, the ambient lighting, for me totally makes the interior at night, and Bermester sound is great!! all that added to keyless entry and start, for me was a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone

You get Pano roof and keyless etc with Premium though which is actually what I bought. Premium Plus gives the Burmester and COMMAND which I didn't think was worth the money but each to their own.

My dealer didn't even want to entertain any discount which is a shame because I'm not that fond of the saloon.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've ordered one this afternoon, I got a £1500 discount and free paint protection, they also gave me a very good p/x price held over till March. Maybe I could have got more if I'd messed about but I'm happy with the deal so went for it . Got a long wait till March now..

Thanks for the replies guys. I've ordered one this afternoon, I got a £1500 discount and free paint protection, they also gave me a very good p/x price held over till March. Maybe I could have got more if I'd messed about but I'm happy with the deal so went for it . Got a long wait till March now..

congrats what spec did you end up going for?

How long did they quote you for delivery?

congrats what spec did you end up going for?

How long did they quote you for delivery?

I've ordered AMG Line with a premium pack ,19in wheels , covered dash and belt lines and remote online in selenite grey. They have told me they expect it to arrive 9/3/16.

I've ordered AMG Line with a premium pack ,19in wheels , covered dash and belt lines and remote online in selenite grey. They have told me they expect it to arrive 9/3/16.

isnt covered dash and online services all part of prem plus pack ?? it is on my saloon w205.

Sent from my iPhone

unfortunately not £400 premium :(

lovely car steve , so you didn't go for premium plus?

Thanks. I was tempted by the plus package and the 360 camera, but I didn't think I would use the extra things enough to justify the extra or should I say the wife didn't lol, the salesman put me off the camera saying I wouldn't need it on a car that size, I could see his point as I haven't got a camera now and I hold a HGV class one license so the size shouldn't matter lol.
I have to say the salesman was brilliant, he didn't push anything and I think any advice he gave was genuine. I was really surprised at the experience.

Thanks. I was tempted by the plus package and the 360 camera, but I didn't think I would use the extra things enough to justify the extra or should I say the wife didn't lol, the salesman put me off the camera saying I wouldn't need it on a car that size, I could see his point as I haven't got a camera now and I hold a HGV class one license so the size shouldn't matter lol.
I have to say the salesman was brilliant, he didn't push anything and I think any advice he gave was genuine. I was really surprised at the experience.

With 19" wheels the 360 cam in my book is required to protect you from kerbing!! But if you can park a HGV you should be fine - just hope the other half can park it well too!

premium plus would have included that.

Sent from my iPhone

premium plus would have included that.

Sent from my iPhone

You 100% sure? had to add to my order few weeks ago when I realised....no mention of it in the premium plus pack when using configurator either :( (mines ordered with premium plus)...and haven't been told otherwise by sales...this should definitely be standard with premium plus/AMG line!

Went for the 360 cam....love a gadget but yeah could have struck that off really, would've offset the price of the leather dash.

Seems mine is now been put forward to first week of march :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom