W205 Coupe Bonnet Defect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out of curiosity, I've just had a look at the same location but on the other side of the bonnet. There's a tiny mark there too. Again too small to have noticed without really looking for it. So I think these are from the clamping system used when the under frame is attached. The paint prep folks (if there are any) probably felt they'd cleaned them up perfectly and they very nearly did.

Car is on its way to the scrappy as we speak!

I have not been able to spot anything on the other side, however the issue on the drivers side of mine is more pronounced than that shown in your pictures.

Between me and my missus we've had several 205's in many different colours and I've never noticed this.

It's more 'noticeable' on her hyacinth red one as opposed to my blue one, but either way, you've gotta really be looking.

Let it go bud, life's too short.

Between me and my missus we've had several 205's in many different colours and I've never noticed this.

It's more 'noticeable' on her hyacinth red one as opposed to my blue one, but either way, you've gotta really be looking.

Let it go bud, life's too short.

Thanks Sambo, I have had a few 205 over the past three years this however is my first Coupe the others have all been saloons, never noticed it before. Can you also see it on a saloon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom