W205 - Dealer say they fixed the interior?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Think I have the worlds nosiest W205 C Class interior. Caught these with my phone but the phone doesn't demonstrate just how loud these creaks and rattles are!

Many others including the passenger door rattling and the burmister speaker buzzing.

This is the air vent:
https://youtu.be/G6vtijotDME

This is the Comand screen:
https://youtu.be/mfmSdNbnReI

This is the pano roof creaking:
https://youtu.be/BEqqW5MYMF8

Anyone else having similar problems?

Hi Jay, no problems with mine so far, probably all the different materials being new, I'd try opening and closing the roof a few times to bed it in a bit, wiggle the air vent about and perhaps lightly spray it with furniture polish to lubricate it, as for the screen again lightly spray around the mounting points with furniture polish whilst pulling it about a bit to get seepage into the joins. If all else fails I'll give you a tenner for it and keep it as spares for mine LOL

ioweddie said:
Hi Jay, no problems with mine so far, probably all the different materials being new, I'd try opening and closing the roof a few times to bed it in a bit, wiggle the air vent about and perhaps lightly spray it with furniture polish to lubricate it, as for the screen again lightly spray around the mounting points with furniture polish whilst pulling it about a bit to get seepage into the joins. If all else fails I'll give you a tenner for it and keep it as spares for mine LOL

I may take you up on the offer! Lol

I've already worked all the items trying to stop the creaks and rattles, including luring the roof seals. Worked for a few months and now it's come back.

The dealer has had multiple attempts all of which failed - that and they peed me right off.

I've got some savings tucked away and tempted to off load this car and get me a BMW 330d some cracking deals around at the moment.

If you want poor customer care then carry on and buy a BMW product- my experience with a new 64 plate mini sent me running away a s fast as my legs would carry me!
2 Mercedes since March 2015 has made me realise how good Mercedes are .

If you want poor customer care then carry on and buy a BMW product- my experience with a new 64 plate mini sent me running away a s fast as my legs would carry me!
2 Mercedes since March 2015 has made me realise how good Mercedes are .

All worked out in the end, the car got exchanged an some unfortunate person has purchased the lemon.

Iv got some very similar problems with my 65 plate, not got the pan roof noise (yet) but the roof blind doesn't close all the way and is having to be replaced, it started with the comand screen creaking then the air vent rattling and now the drivers door panel makes a very loud noise, the dealer told me they have had 3 different mechanics out in the car and none of them can hear the noises so weren't going to do anything until I showed them the videos of the noises, I have to take my car back in again for them to be fixed, it seams to me it's been poorly constructed in the factory and I am finding a new problem almost every week now looking at getting rid and purchasing the new Audi A4 but how did you get them to exchange your car?

I'm really curious to hear if all these noise/rattle issues are estate or saloon or indeed both. I can't quite remember but I think one is made in South Africa and the other in Germany?

Not sure if Jays 205 was saloon or estate. I can well imagine how annoying it is to have rattles. One of my pet hates.

Hope you get it solved soon.

Ant.

I had an estate Ant. I do miss it but not all the problems tho lol

Sating that the GLC hasn't been problem free either however I've fixed these issues myself except the comand unit shutting down.

I think the estate is having more problems than the saloon from what I've seen.

Danuk88 is your's a saloon or an estate?

I have no problems with interior noises in my 65 Saloon.
The only annoying issue I have is creaking brakes, which groan when braking gently to a slow stop in crawling traffic. I assume this to be poor choice of brake pad material, and will go away when the pads are renewed.

Mine is a saloon I have had about 15 issues with it so far of which 2 have been fixed (my steering wheel being off centre and a blown LED door handle light). The car is currently at the dealership for the 4th time, it's been there 5days so far and I don't have much confidence in most things being fixed (I hope I am wrong), I have expressed to my service adviser how unhappy I am with all the problems and that I understand new vehicles will have 1 or 2 issues when they come from the factory but to have 15 issues so far is a joke, I was told I would have to make any complaints to Mercedes customer service which I will be doing if I continue to get more issues and the current ones aren't fixed.

My issues so far are:

1. Wiper blade knocking against the A pillar

2. Almost constant creaking coming from the comand screen in the centre console

3. Vibration on the front dashboard when the car is in reverse

4. Noise coming from the drivers door coursed by the window and door trim parts, if the window is slightly lowered the noise disappears (another driver had the same issue and had his door trim parts replace to get rid of the noise)

5. Passenger air vent rattles when driving and makes a loud creaking noise when you switch the air vent on/off

6. Crackling sound coming from next to the steering wheel (been told it's the hard drive and the use of advanced technology hmm)

7. Rear roof blind for the pan roof dose not close all the way leaving a gap

8. Burmester speakers buzz and crackle with certain audio and almost all the time on a Bluetooth phone call (if I press against the speaker grill it reduces the buzzing)

9. Cracks started to appear in the wood trim on drivers door

10. Outside LED door handle light on passenger door stopped working (now fixed)

11. Outside LED door handle light on drivers door now stopped working

12. Steering wheel not centred (now fixed)

13. Key stopped working could not lock/unlock my car or start the engine, after 10-15min and dozens of attempts it started working again

All this from a car that's only 6 months old and cost me over £42000 great job Mercedes and the fact that I had to push so hard to get the service department to even recognise some of these issues as they wanted to push them aside as they couldn't find anything until I showed them video evidence, this is my 3rd Mercedes and probably my last.

Attachments

• image-2932114078.jpg
    image-2932114078.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 58
  • image-293470428.jpg
    image-293470428.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1954736717.jpg
    image-1954736717.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Blimey.

I'd be pushing hard for them to take the car back and full refund. Just like Jay did. I think your list matches or even exceeds Jays.

Good luck.

Ant.

Cheers Ant I will be doing just that still waiting for them to call to say I can pick up my car and I will see what they have or haven't done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom