W205 Dec 2014 Gearbox Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesPGUK

Car
C220 AMG PPlus 2015 & 2016 GLC 250 PPlus
Hi,

Dec 2014 Estate C220d 7G 109k first gearbox service.

Not sure if I need 6 or 10L of oil. Mixed messages on torque converter but from what I read that’s on cars before 2010. How do I know if I have a torque converter?

How do I know if it’s 7G+?

Replace plastic over flow or not?

Thanks for any advice!

Last edited:
You will have a TC and I would get 10L of ATF - you're aware of the process to follow and that oil has to be pumped in? The only reason I ask is that sometimes people think the process is the same as the 5G (on which you can pour in the oil) and once drained, if you don't have a pump you're stuck! I would buy a kit and these always include a new overflow tube.

Hi,

Not sure if I need 6 or 10L of oil. Mixed messages on torque converter but from what I read that’s on cars before 2010. How do I know if I have a torque converter?

Thanks for any advice!
It’s quite involved, one of the few things I take the car to an indie for. Not a big cost differential compared to DiY.

You will have a TC and I would get 10L of ATF - you're aware of the process to follow and that oil has to be pumped in? The only reason I ask is that sometimes people think the process is the same as the 5G (on which you can pour in the oil) and once drained, if you don't have a pump you're stuck! I would buy a kit and these always include a new overflow tube.
Yes, watched many videos. A garage (friend) is doing the work and I’m just making sure I get the right amount of oil. Not something he does but it’s not his first. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for any advice!

10L of oil would be required for a full ATF change
Its a torque converter and you likely have a 7G+ gearbox.
Having said that its missed an ATF change as its supposed to have one every 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom