W205 Estate 2016 Model OSR outer light cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6quadcam

Car
C-Class 220d BlueTec 2015 (65 reg) W205 Estate
My OSR outer light cluster has been damaged, I've been trying to locate the correct P/N before removing the cluster, unfortunately any searches takes me straight to Ebay and without a reference I am unable to establish for certain that I am looking at the right part. The one conclusion is that they are as rare as hens teeth.
Any help in sourcing the part or the correct P/N would be appreciated.

i have a 2016 S205 AMG line. I damaged my OSR outer light cluster a few years ago and managed to get one on EBay paid about £150. plus shipping from Lithuania They are rare as you point out, the only ones that turn up are often damaged. I have seen them listed by MB Newcastle and Edinburgh recently at a reasonably price which includes postage and 2 years warranty.

I have looked up the part number using my cars VIN part for UK driver side outer rear is A205 906 03 03

Part is plug and play and takes about 16 minutes to change. It’s held in by 3 nuts accessed by removing inner trim panel. Wiring has a easy connector to clip and unclip.

I would use EBay to find listings from MB Edinburgh or Newcastle and send them a question with your VIN. If the price is acceptable they will list the unit for you. Delivery is usually 2 working days for stock units.

Many thanks for your input re P/N. Ironically I had an ebay alert for the very P/N, I checked for other offerings and nothing came up so order placed.

Many thanks for your input re P/N. Ironically I had an ebay alert for the very P/N, I checked for other offerings and nothing came up so order placed.
No problem. Hope you get sorted. When I replaced mine I sold the old damaged unit which clearly had a chunk out of the bottom on EBay and got about £45 for it. Although this sale went well from earlier sales experiences I would make sure it’s clearly listed for parts and if possible annotate the pictures to show the defects. From experience it is also worth putting markings on the back and include photos showing them to stop the chancers who try to claim back their payment with “ item not as described” or returning their faulty item to you for a refund.
farmerboy

Many thanks for your advice on re-selling the original unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom