W205 Estate intermittent tailgate fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V6quadcam

Car
C-Class 220d BlueTec 2015 (65 reg) W205 Estate
I've had an intermittent fault with the tailgate opening, which appeared around last November, If it fails to open via the key or remote switch on the drivers door there is no solenoid noise at all. Usually if I return to the car a while later the hatch will open by any means available. At this stage I have ruled out a wiring problem as the car would not have been moved. My thought is that there may be a capacitor within the switching circuit and this could be failing. I haven't taken anything apart yet to investigate. Does anyone have any idea as to the cause of this problem? Any tips in reaching the mechanism in the tailgate would be appreciated.

I've had an intermittent fault with the tailgate opening, which appeared around last November, If it fails to open via the key or remote switch on the drivers door there is no solenoid noise at all. Usually if I return to the car a while later the hatch will open by any means available. At this stage I have ruled out a wiring problem as the car would not have been moved. My thought is that there may be a capacitor within the switching circuit and this could be failing. I haven't taken anything apart yet to investigate. Does anyone have any idea as to the cause of this problem? Any tips in reaching the mechanism in the tailgate would be appreciated.
I finally got around to sorting out my problem after the problem exceeded intermittent.
I discovered that the power connector to the tailgate lock was not pushed fully home and the locking tab had not been pushed in properly, hence loose connection.
Cheap solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom