W205 estate rear seat creaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blaefelda bill

Car
W205 estate
My 2 month old W205 has developed a creak from the section of the rear seat (offside 40%) that I tend to fold down most (but having said that only about half a dozen times), when it is clipped back into the upright position.

Anyone else had this experience? I am loathed to raise it with the dealership because in my experience this kind of thing has often been treated in a bit of a hit and miss way with silicone sprays and other random "solutions" (albeit not by MB service centres - this is the first MB I have had.)

Had similar, although on an Audi A6 Avant, drove me mad. Like you I wasn't keen on wonder sprays and the like, but out of desperation greased the locating catches and it solved it 100%. So as the actress said the bishop, break out the Vaslaline it might work!

I tried Vaseline but made no difference, so tried a couple of winds of PVC insulation tape on the leading edge of the catchplate and that did the trick. Suspect PTFE would do as well or better. Will mention at service but suspect that fiddling with adjusting the catch plate, if indeed that is possible, may be hit and miss, and potentially leave me with more problems than I started with. Thanks for the suggestion, nice to get some feedback.

Is the front bench part sitting correctly with its tabs in the slots correctly?

The cover over the boot can creak on mine going over a bump like a speed bump but not the seats. Difficult to say though when I'm sat in the front!

Yeah the passenger side rear seat area creaks on my w204 when I go over bumps - drives me up the wall, but I can't locate it properly as I'm driving.

One of the issues on my previous S205. Drop the seat and place a piece of cloth or similar over the metal catch (I used a bit of yellow duster). Then shut the seat back, the cloth should prevent the metal latch & catch from creaking.

My 2 month old W205 has developed a creak from the section of the rear seat (offside 40%) that I tend to fold down most (but having said that only about half a dozen times), when it is clipped back into the upright position.

Anyone else had this experience? I am loathed to raise it with the dealership because in my experience this kind of thing has often been treated in a bit of a hit and miss way with silicone sprays and other random "solutions" (albeit not by MB service centres - this is the first MB I have had.)
I have the same issue with my W205 AMG Line Estate, try taking the rear shelf and net bar out of the vehicle. When I do this the issue disappears. It seems to be the release mechanism on the left hand side of the bar (when viewed from the rear of the vehicle).

My dealer acknolages the issue and will try to resolve next week. I have managed to nullify the creaks by placing a piece of thick cardboard under the bar at the connection point.

I have the same issue with my W205 AMG Line Estate, try taking the rear shelf and net bar out of the vehicle. When I do this the issue disappears. It seems to be the release mechanism on the left hand side of the bar (when viewed from the rear of the vehicle).

My dealer acknolages the issue and will try to resolve next week. I have managed to nullify the creaks by placing a piece of thick cardboard under the bar at the connection point.

Just try adjusting boot lid as it worked for me.

I had exactly the same issue and I found that lubricating the catches only works for a few months before it needs to be done again.

I also found the cross-bar with the blind often rattled and creaked on its mountings so I put some self-adhesive felt tape on the surfaces which were touching. I bought the tape from Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CI6CTIA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom