W205 exit and entry memory seat position?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

uumode

MB Enthusiast
Car
C300 AMG Line Premium Plus
Does the W205 electric seats have an exit position, where the seat goes back when the door is opened, to facilitate exit from the vehicle.

Then the reverse when getting into the car, when door is closed it resumes the memorised driving position?

Seem to remember some W205 owners saying this is possible, but can't find it in the online manual.

Does the W205 electric seats have an exit position, where the seat goes back when the door is opened, to facilitate exit from the vehicle.

Then the reverse when getting into the car, when door is closed it resumes the memorised driving position?

Seem to remember some W205 owners saying this is possible, but can't find it in the online manual.

I know mine (with memory seats) does have an option like this.
It is available through the cluster. Afraid I cannot remember what name though, something like comfort, or courtesy, I think?
It should also be capable of memorising different drivers, based on the key. Mine will set seat, steering wheel, and mirrors to the key inserted.

Neil

Neil

It's called easy entry/exit under the vehicle menu. It'll lift the steering wheel up etc

I was under the impression the entry/exit function was just the steering wheel.

However, most people use memory setting '3' to push seat base rearwards and upwards to make it easier to get out of the car.

Ant.

Just the steering wheel AFAIK.

You have to push and hold memory for seats to move. No one touch for safety reasons.

I had a loan Infinity Q50 and that by default had the easy entry/exit, but at the time thought it was slightly dangerous if you had rear occupants feet underneath your seat. (but guess it would operate like electric windows and detect resistance and back off).

I didn't need this feature in my E class with standard seats, but in my new C Class with AMG Line seats, the side bolsters make it more tricky to get in and out.

Yeah, obvious is to just move the seat before getting in and out.

I am sure mine moves the seat back, and raises the steering wheel. I only used it for couple of days. As I am virtually the only driver (SWMBO only driven it once) I was more worried about the seat motors getting worn out prematurely as I can get in and out easily anyway.

I have a lot of driving to do today, so if I get bored, I may well have a play again, and confirm.

Neil

Just asking the question because I don't have electric seats.

If you get in the car and select your preset number. 2 for example. Do you have to keep your finger on the number 2 button until it reaches your desired position or do you simply press it the once and let the seat do its thing.

If the latter can't you preset number 3 to your desired exit position so that at the end of your journey you simply press 3 and it'll move to exit position.

Years ago a friend had a 3 series with 2 remote keys. (He and his wife had one each with their own seat, mirror settings stored) when either one used their own key for opening the car the seat and mirrors moved to the setting for that particular key. Seemed like a good system. Not sure if BMW still use same idea in their cars.

Ant.

In my R129 , position one is for me driving , position 2 for her ladyship ( the only other driver ) and position 3 , seat full back for entry and exit ( as long as no one behind , but our son usually sits behind non memory passenger seat from which entry/exit is easier anyway ) .

Ant - yes you hold the buttons until the position is reached , if you let go it stops where it is .

In my R129 , position one is for me driving , position 2 for her ladyship ( the only other driver ) and position 3 , seat full back for entry and exit ( as long as no one behind , but our son usually sits behind non memory passenger seat from which entry/exit is easier anyway ).

THAT's what I've been trying to say. No ones listening to me!!! :wallbash:

Hehehe. Ant. :thumb:

On mine you have to hold the button in to make it move to the preset positions. It moves the wheel up when the power is off, the seat doesn't go back though but I do have mine set far back to start with.

Having looked and looked again in the in-car digital manual and online I don't think the W205 has the exit/entry position that the Infinity Q50 has.

'could' use memory position 3, but that involves pressing and holding the button before you can open the door. Easier improvise solution might be just to move the seat without the memory function.

The BMW and Infiniti have husband and wife keys that detect the key and arrange the seating BEFORE you get into the car. (MB behind in that respect). Also the keys set personal preferences such as radio station, volume level, air con temperature etc.
MB again behind, however S Class might have this? However as a chauffeur car, probably not!

My partner and I don't have separate keys , although I have about four keys for each of my cars , but if we end up driving each others cars it is usually because we have been out and one has had a drink , so the sober one ends up driving home with whichever key the driver had to start with .

Or if I have to move her car off the driveway , I just grab her key off the kitchen counter .

We certainly don't have 'his' and 'hers' keys for each car . I maybe drive her car half a dozen times a year , and she mine about the same .

Having looked and looked again in the in-car digital manual and online I don't think the W205 has the exit/entry position that the Infinity Q50 has.

'could' use memory position 3, but that involves pressing and holding the button before you can open the door. Easier improvise solution might be just to move the seat without the memory function.

The BMW and Infiniti have husband and wife keys that detect the key and arrange the seating BEFORE you get into the car. (MB behind in that respect). Also the keys set personal preferences such as radio station, volume level, air con temperature etc.
MB again behind, however S Class might have this? However as a chauffeur car, probably not!

The memory keys are useful with BMW I have to say. I paid for comfort access too which is great!

OK, I'm confused ( not difficult I know!). Why does anyone need an exit seat position? I suffer from a very bad back but still manage to get in and out of my car with ease. The steering wheel moves away and up when I open the door, and that's more than enough for my needs. Is it perhaps easier for me because I don't have the steering wheel up under my chin when I'm driving?

If SWMBO (about half my size) has used the car before me and forgotten to reset the memory seat to my position then it's easy to stand by the open door for a couple of seconds with my finger on button 1 on the door. Certainly easier than the memory buttons on my old BMW that were low down on the seat base - has this changed now? We don't have his n hers keys because we only need car, garage and house door keys on one fob. So that feature would be no use to us because we'd then have to identify which keys were whose - don't need that faffing about.

OK, I'm confused ( not difficult I know!). Why does anyone need an exit seat position? I suffer from a very bad back but still manage to get in and out of my car with ease. The steering wheel moves away and up when I open the door, and that's more than enough for my needs. Is it perhaps easier for me because I don't have the steering wheel up under my chin when I'm driving?

If SWMBO (about half my size) has used the car before me and forgotten to reset the memory seat to my position then it's easy to stand by the open door for a couple of seconds with my finger on button 1 on the door. Certainly easier than the memory buttons on my old BMW that were low down on the seat base - has this changed now? We don't have his n hers keys because we only need car, garage and house door keys on one fob. So that feature would be no use to us because we'd then have to identify which keys were whose - don't need that faffing about.

That's interesting it's something I've been thinking about and is a bit of an annoyance recently on the C63.

The bolster is quite large so gap between seat and steering wheel is not huge.

Didn't need an exit position for our E Class, just the AMG line bolsters on new car seats impede a little and I end up swinging out and crushing the base bolster and scraping the back bolster with the rivots on my jeans. Usually worse in a car parking space where the door doesn't have the luxury of opening fully. I have short legs lol so I'm relatively close to the steering wheel.

We share the car equally.

The W205 steering wheel does not move out of the way when the door is opened :(

Last edited:
uumode said:
Didn't need an exit position for our E Class, just the AMG line bolsters on new car seats impede a little and I end up swinging out and crushing the base bolster and scraping the back bolster with the rivots on my jeans. Usually worse in a car parking space where the door doesn't have the luxury of opening fully. I have short legs lol so I'm relatively close to the steering wheel. We share the car equally. The W205 steering wheel does not move out of the way when the door is opened :(

The steering wheel will only move up out of the way in the following instance:

1. Easy entry/exit has been enabled in the vehicle settings menu via the dash mounted screen.
2. You have the memory pack and have pre set a position saved to either 1,2,3
3. Your saved steering wheel position is lower than the highest set point, it can't move up if already in the fully raised position.

For me the steering wheel moves all of an inch up from the set point and isn't really worth it other than for your passenger to comment oooo bit fancy.

The W205 steering wheel does not move out of the way when the door is opened :(

The steering wheel only moves when ignition is turned off/on. It's not activated by the door opening. If it doesn't move at all maybe it's already at its highest position or easy entry/exit is not enabled. (As Jay has already said)

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom