W205 folding mirrors ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Enabled the folding function on my car last week, anyone else noticed that from the front they don’t fold summetrically,the drivers’ side is further out from the door?

Enabled the folding function on my car last week, anyone else noticed that from the front they don’t fold summetrically,the drivers’ side is further out from the door?
Yes, and they're different sizes as well and set at different angles wrt the respective doors. Presumably, all this is for optimum viewing angle from the driver's seat. I seem to remember the old 202s had different wing mirrors.

Ernie

That's OK then, nothing wrong with mine. :thumb: my spelling's not so good though, didn't notice the "U" in symmetrical until it was too late to edit it.:doh:

Ernie is right, optimised for driver. LHD mirrors are optimised differently - so you can't use LHD mirror covers on RHD cars.. (on W205, W253 and presumably all the newer vehicles)

I suspect they can reduce the drag ever so slightly by doing this - although it must be a tiny improvement ..

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom