W205 FRONT DOOR CHECK STAY/BRAKE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barcajoe

Car
MERCEDES C CLASS
Good morning, I have a problem with drivers door check stay, anyone know how to adjust / repair ,
not the same as on older C class. this one is four door saloon 2016 . Any help / advice

You will need a new check strap . Nothing you can do with them , its water ingress and rust forms . You might be lucky if you can get some lube in . And as it sits inside the door it is hard to lubricate .I have use an oil can with flexi pipe on the end. .

You will need a new check strap . Nothing you can do with them , its water ingress and rust forms . You might be lucky if you can get some lube in . And as it sits inside the door it is hard to lubricate .I have use an oil can with flexi pipe on the end. .

Many thanks for your prompt response, compared to NSF lower hing, I suspect you are correct. The car has done 70000 miles and appears that only the drivers door has been used.
Next time she goes for servce / inspection I'll get them to rectify. THANKS AGAIN

THANKS. Looking into a warranty claim, Local MB dealers do not think hinges are covered. Next service visit Due feb 2019, we will see what response occurs.
The door checks on some earlier 205s can be a problem and I think there is a revised part number for them...at least there is in the US market. The problem seems to be that they don't hold the doors open when sitting on a hill.

Ernie

Ps See this thread:forums.mbclub.co.uk/threads/e-class-2017-estate-doors-will-not-stay-open.241491/

THe hinges are the same / similar to yours/ours.

UPDATE Mercedes Confirmed they will replace under warranty, PART ON ORDER and will need 'painting' .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom