W205 Fuel Filler Flap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

como

SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo XC40
Had and interesting experience yesterday. Went to fill up my new C Class for the second time and the fuel nozzle would not go into the filler. The metal flap inside the filler neck would not release, despite several attempts to insert the pump nozzle. I double checked the fuel type (BP Ultimate Diesel) in case I had selected the wrong pump. In the end I tried with the adjoining pump (BP Regular Diesel) and it went in without an issue.

The previous fill was with BP Ultimate Diesel but at a different garage. I never experienced this with the W204 in over 2 years and using the same fuel, so it's a new one to me. The girl at the till commented on the problem and said that it was usually BMWs that have this issue on the forecourt. I have done some reading and the general consensus seems to point towards the fuel gun nozzle being worn or damaged in some way. Hopefully this was a fuel gun issue and not a 'feature' of the W205. Has anybody else had any similar issues?

Thanks,

Colin

Hi there, haven't had any issues with mine as yet. Mostly fill with regular diesel from Chavsda as it's the closest to my house. Filled six times now (I think) and been slick and easy each time.

As a separate point, how much difference do you find Ultimate diesel makes over regular?

Cheers

I have had this problem with my E Class. It's caused by damaged pump nozels. It's happened to me 3 times I think. I just move to another pump.

Jonobigblind said:
Hi there, haven't had any issues with mine as yet. Mostly fill with regular diesel from Chavsda as it's the closest to my house. Filled six times now (I think) and been slick and easy each time. As a separate point, how much difference do you find Ultimate diesel makes over regular? Cheers
On my previous W204 220, on the same route, I used to see a difference of about 8-10 MPG when using Ultimate. The car felt slightly more responsive too but I accept this is subjective.

como said:
On my previous W204 220, on the same route, I used to see a difference of about 8-10 MPG when using Ultimate. The car felt slightly more responsive too but I accept this is subjective.
wow, that's quite a difference. I'll have a trek out to my nearest BP garage in the New Year and take a look, thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom