W205 illuminated door handles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dabthesaab

Car
E220d coupe prem +
Hi all my 8 month old c class has 2 door handle lights gone ,Anyone know if this is common fault and is it warranty covered?
Thanks

not sure if its common but warranty should cover on 8mnth old car, get it booked in.

I had two replaced during the first service on my C350e saloon.

Will be checking them as the nights get darker and before the next service, I think they are rather cool.

It's a very common fault unfortunately. It can be done under warranty

Hi all my 8 month old c class has 2 door handle lights gone ,Anyone know if this is common fault and is it warranty covered?
Thanks

One replaced on the GLC after a couple of months, another one went shortly after, but I'm waiting for the yearly service before getting it looked at.

Yes, all four replaced under warranty. Updated/uprated part now.

Yes, both rear ones replaced on my GLC under warranty.

Only one of the rear handle lights had gone. They must know that some are dodgy as they replaced both rear ones. The two they replaced were a noticeably "warmer" shade of white than the two front handles (and the replacements).

One replaced on the GLC after a couple of months, another one went shortly after, but I'm waiting for the yearly service before getting it looked at.

Checked last night, and another one is about 1/4 of the correct illumination, so it's about to go too.

My front handle lights have gone too !!! :-(

Having been reminded by this thread I checked the door handle lights on my son's S205. He hadn't noticed that the driver's light is out but the others seem OK. Another warranty item for the next service visit.

Just noticed my drivers door has gone car will be 2 in july may just wait and see if they will do a warranty repair when its in for service.

I think ours are ok... must check, it's due a service soon.

My car is out of warranty and Merc dealer said it's total £350, but out of that Merc will pay £110 as goodwill(!) Any idea if there are good independents out there?

Had all of mine replaced under warranty plus the ones in the mirrors too, they had all failed over time. I believe the replacements are slightly different to prevent water ingress which caused them all to fail.

I think ours are ok... must check, it's due a service soon.
So two-years ago, they were all OK. Now the driver's door LED is intermittent. No longer covered by warranty, so will live with it for now. From what I've been told, it's a bit of a job to replace them. Might do it next spring.

had one done at 4 years old...paid £75 rest goodwill...Mercedes FSH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom