W205 illuminated grille badge - was I dreaming?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Connoisseur

SUPPORTER
Car
A205 C200 Cab; Porsche Macan; BMW i3s
I thought that an illuminated grille badge was available as a genuine MB accessory for the 205 series C Class but recent searches show nada.

Can anyone say am I imagining things or was/is such available?

Thxs in advance👍
C

I thought that an illuminated grille badge was available as a genuine MB accessory for the 205 series C Class but recent searches show nada.

Thxs in advance👍
C
I have seen one, if they are discontinued I think you may have had a lucky escape.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Thxs. SWMBO was following me in the Merc a few days ago and it looked as though a lit badge would finish it off nicely. But yes am sure you’re right, and I may only have come to my senses after fitting it…

Thxs in advance👍
C
@Connoisseur Only works when engine switched off.

Mb illuminated star

They are just fugly

There was a thread on here a few months ago about that sort of thing falling foul of some regulations.

Even the light up Rolls-Royce spirit of ecstasy figurine on the front of some of the models has fallen foul. I think in the Rolls-Royce example, if you took your car to a dealer they remove the figurine completely, which is a bit of a bugger given it's a several thousands of pounds optional extra!

I have seen one, if they are discontinued I think you may have had a lucky escape.
Illuminated MB Star- no thanks!
Although the illuminated grille badge on our family Wolseley 16/60 looked pretty cool to me as an impressionable 7 year old 👍

@Connoisseur The EQC in the USA has illuminated star plus full width light bar on the front. The UK version just has the full width light bar.

Everyone thinks they have good taste yet bad taste exists.....

Everyone thinks they have good taste yet bad taste exists.....
v true, in fact one person’s good taste is another’s bad, and vice versa. Life would be a tad boring otherwise. Looks like I’ll have to go aftermarket for a set of Hella floods and led number plate surrounds. Can’t wait……..

@Connoisseur Only works when engine switched off.

Mb illuminated star
No, that is not correct. Speak with Neil at Braybrooks, the star can be wired in one of two ways, it is either on with the ignition OR on once the car is unlocked, they do not switch off with the engine running.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_20201022_190726_EDIT3.jpg
    InkedIMG_20201022_190726_EDIT3.jpg
    642.6 KB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom