W205 interior rattles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andys87

Car
Mercedes Benz W205 C220 Bluetec AMG Line
Hi all.

I've had my c class now for two weeks and since day one I've had a slight rattle from the centre dash mounted screen. I usually turn up the music to fade it out. However I've noticed when you press the top of the screen it stops rattling for a while then comes back.

Anyone else had this issue?

My second issue is the fuse box location at passenger foot level.
02d19a446ff1fa962c564abdd22ae8f6.jpg

It seems there is a subwoofer there and this seems to rattle that fuse box door that is just plastic against plastic. It is that bad you can hear it outside when music is turned up. I got a video of it it's that bad. Would a bit of sound deadening sponge do the trick? Or should I just send it to MB under warranty?

Other than that it's a great car! It's just niggly bits like that which start to get on ur nerves.

Hi

Is the fuse box easily accessible / openable? Some felt additions might quickly fix that one, otherwise back to the dealer - it's two weeks old!

I'm 2 weeks into my first Merc - w204 estate, final build March 2014 - and... it rattles. Dash when there's sun on it and the car's been running for a while, and increasingly passenger B-pillar trim (I think). There are lots of threads on here about the w204 rattles, not seen a w205 one yet.

I'm quite surprised at these issues as the perceived quality is very high, and the materials look a lot better than, say, my wife's plasticy Nissan Note... which is rattle free!

Does the drivers windscreen wiper judder?

Cheers

Or should I just send it to MB under warranty?
^ This.

First of all its a new car with a warranty, so why should you feel you have to fix it?

Secondly, once warranty claims to deal with the same issue start filtering back, manufacturing changes will be made so that future build doesn't suffer the same problem (well, that's the theory anyway).

So in summary, by taking it back to the dealer to fix it, you don't have to do it yourself and it should improve the quality of the product for everyone else.

2 minutes with a little piece of foam will tell you what you want to know. Or wait for another 20 replies and then decide.

Any news?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom