W205 Jacking Points

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RussellS

Car
C220d AMG Line Premium Estate
Hi, I have a 2018 C220d estate (W205) which does not have the spare wheel or jack and only has the bottle of gunk and a portable compressor and I would like some advice on jacking the car up.

As it is the AMG Line it has the side skirts fitted which, as the picture shows, has what looks like a flap at each jacking point. I tied giving the flap a pull from the bottom but it didn't open and I didn't want to apply too much force in case I was missing something.
Is it just a case of pull it harder and it will come free.

IMG_20200814_104317_Scaled.jpg
What I want advice on is using a trolley jack to lift the car to get the wheels off for thorough cleaning etc. I have seen various rubber jacking blocks specifically for Mercs but there appear to be various shapes and sizes so any advice welcome.
Is there a recommended place to put axle stands while working on the car and also is there a central jacking point front and rear for jacking up the entire front ot back of the car.

Thanks for any advice

Russell

Usually a rubber block poking centrally through the engine under-tray, slide the trolley jack in from the front.
I usually use the rear diff housing as a rear central jack point.

No idea about those side covers, what does your handbook say?

Just had a quick look at the online handbook and it indicates "Mercedes-AMG vehicles and vehicles with AMG equipment: fold cover upwards."

Just had a quick look at the online handbook and it indicates "Mercedes-AMG vehicles and vehicles with AMG equipment: fold cover upwards."
I checked the jacking section of the user manual on the car display and there was no mention of the jacking point covers.

When you say the 'online manual' is there another manual I am not aware of.

Yeah, I've just searched and found it. I wasn't aware they were there and have always just used the one on the car display.
Anyway, the online user manual looks pretty much exactly the same, pictures and all, as the car display one except for the bit mentioning the AMG Equipment covers.

Now I know I'm doing it right the covers are now off, I think it was the dirt making it harder than it should have been.

You want one of these for a trolley jack.
I did look at those but where the ad lists the models, for the C Class it states 'Mercedes C - Class (W203, W204, CL203, C204, S203, S204)' No mention of W205.

Would it be the same.

I did look at those but where the ad lists the models, for the C Class it states 'Mercedes C - Class (W203, W204, CL203, C204, S203, S204)' No mention of W205.

Would it be the same.

Send the seller of the above a message via eBay because he/she is v.helpful. 100% feedback and over 20,000 sales. That’s exactly what I did to confirm the right pad for my car. Replied within hrs. I’m sure they will have one that fits.

Send the seller of the above a message via eBay because he/she is v.helpful. 100% feedback and over 20,000 sales. That’s exactly what I did to confirm the right pad for my car. Replied within hrs. I’m sure they will have one that fits.
Thanks for that, I've messaged the seller.

You were absolutely correct, the seller is extremely helpfull. So it turns out that the lifting pad I needed for my W205 is the same as for the W204. I just needed a 5mm higher one to clear the AMG side skirts which the seller supplied for the same price.

For anyone else who wants a lifting pad (for any car) I can wholeheartedly recommend this seller. The lifting block is a very hard rubber as well so it hopefully will not split and break up under the weight as others I've used in the past have that used a much softer rubber.

You were absolutely correct, the seller is extremely helpfull. So it turns out that the lifting pad I needed for my W205 is the same as for the W204. I just needed a 5mm higher one to clear the AMG side skirts which the seller supplied for the same price.

For anyone else who wants a lifting pad (for any car) I can wholeheartedly recommend this seller. The lifting block is a very hard rubber as well so it hopefully will not split and break up under the weight as others I've used in the past have that used a much softer rubber.
That’s is so useful. I was just looking into this and there’s nothing listed for W205.

So after all that did you just pull them toward you or pull down? i looked at mine and walked away, but best to find out before you need to remove. Thanks, think i might get one of those bungs.

So after all that did you just pull them toward you or pull down? i looked at mine and walked away, but best to find out before you need to remove. Thanks, think i might get one of those bungs.
You pull the bottom of the cover towards you. I think mine seemed tighter than it should due to a build up of dirt.

Phew, laying on the floor panicking i might break it and hey, you pull down from the back towards you like a hing on the front edge, i have just emailed your ebay seller for one, thanks for the write up. Lets hope i never use it.

Just check it's not two pieces of rubber glued together, I bought ones like that before that didn't last long.
I've also got aluminium ones that are one piece that are far better, they have the spring loaded ball bearings to hold them in place on the car, I bought them for my (CLK W209 & W203 fitment) and they fit the C Class (W205) as well, even with AMG line side skirts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom