W205 keyless bootlid problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roger Bill

Car
W205 C200 Petrol
Hi all
Recently the bootlid on my W205 C200 has stopped closing. It starts to close and then stops as if there's some obstruction in the boot opening. This happens with all the various buttons on the bootlid, drivers door or keyfob. I read somewhere about a reset procedure for a different MB model which I tried unsuccessfully. However the instructions were a little vague so I might not have got it quite right.

Has anyone else experienced this problem or know of a solution?

Many thanks Roger

I have had various problems with my 2016 W205 bootlid.
Yes the operating range can be reset with the drivers door release but I'm not sure of the procedure.
My problems have been as you describe.
On closing it goes about halfway then returns to open. On opening you could see it hesitate at the halfway mark but continue to open.
A year ago they replaced the motor under warranty.
A couple of weeks ago they said it was the sensor (which is part of the motor assembly apparently) and changed the motor again.
We never close it manually, so for us fingers crossed at the moment.
All under warranty so contact your dealer

I have had various problems with my 2016 W205 bootlid.
Yes the operating range can be reset with the drivers door release but I'm not sure of the procedure.
My problems have been as you describe.
On closing it goes about halfway then returns to open. On opening you could see it hesitate at the halfway mark but continue to open.
A year ago they replaced the motor under warranty.
A couple of weeks ago they said it was the sensor (which is part of the motor assembly apparently) and changed the motor again.
We never close it manually, so for us fingers crossed at the moment.
All under warranty so contact your dealer
Sadly mine is four years old and so is out of the warranty period. If the sensor is an integral part of the motor and if replacing the whole assembly is the only solution then I imagine that'll be expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom