W205 Motor Like Noise with AC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frankonline

Car
C200 W205 2.0L
My C200 W205 has a strange motor like noise when turn on the AC. When I turn on the climate control along with AC, the noise comes within 1-2 seconds and changes with engine rpm. Even when I turn off the AC (blower still running) the noise persists.

The weird thing is if we just turn on the climate control without AC in the first place, There is no noise. If we turn on the AC then noise starts again.

I have attached the video below.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can anyone help me with diagnosing the issue? Tried several workshops without any luck.

Thanks!

I’d have the refrigerant level checked. I haven’t heard this noise on a w205 yet, but on a w204 they hiss through the vents like an asthmatic snake when the gas is low.

I can't make out which noise you're referring to. If it sounds like fans running too fast, you might have temperatures set too different for each of the zones. If it sounds like hissing, then it's likely to do with refrigerant and you should get it checked for leaks and topped up of needed as previous commenter said, or the internal temp sensors that the AC uses to make decisions may not be supplying reliable data (less likely).

Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom