W205 Ordered Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've bitten the bullet and put an order in for a W205 250 Sport today. Couldn't overlook the spec for the value on the company list and I'm impressed how they've managed to slash the CO2 output to get it in a decent tax bracket now.

Went standard black with beige interior - no extras so should be a straightforward build. Will advise on delivery time once the order has been confirmed by our fleet manager.

I bit the bullet and ordered a new C Class (w205) today, spec below;

C250 diesel auto AMG Line
Diamond silver
Red leather
Premium Plus package
Intelligent light system
Black Ash trim
19" wheels

Est delivery September

I currently drive a w204 c250 cdi

Sounds lovely , a nice colour combo .

Does anyone have any info on the airmatic and 360 camera for 2014 production?

I was told by my dealer that these 2 options will be available on cars going for production on October.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes my dealer confirmed the 360 camera is not available until 2015! I did not ask why, shame as I liked this option, oh well save myself a few hundred quid

A bloke at work's just pitched up with one as a hire car, I'm going to try and get a squizz tomorrow.

Both he and his passenger said that it's a great place to be but they hate the 'fisher price tablet' screen.

Yes my dealer confirmed the 360 camera is not available until 2015! I did not ask why, shame as I liked this option, oh well save myself a few hundred quid

It's well priced compared to other extras, shame it isn't available just now.

Update: car is due to go into production on 5th September and should be here by 20th October

Hi all,

I'm a newbie to the site but thought I'd jump onto this thread as I have just placed an order for my C-Class today but will have to wait until December for delivery...frustrated!

Hoping spend more time on this site getting to know some of you!

Regards,

Raj

Mine arrives in 11 days. I'm like a kid a week before christmas lol!
C220 AMG premium plus, polar white, 19" wheels, privacy glass. The only thing I didn't add was the aromatic (air freshener), the airmatic suspension, and the 360 camera (which I did add but was removed by them automatically).

Lucky you!

The car sounds awesome (very similar to what I've ordered today)

Delivery December (Fingers crossed maybe sooner as my understanding is the SA build plant delivers quicker?)

C250 - AMG Line
Polar White
Cranberry Red Leather
19" AMG Wheels
Premium Plus Package
Black Ash Trim
AirMatic Suspension
Privacy Glass

k187 said:
Mine arrives in 11 days. I'm like a kid a week before christmas lol! C220 AMG premium plus, polar white, 19" wheels, privacy glass. The only thing I didn't add was the aromatic (air freshener), the airmatic suspension, and the 360 camera (which I did add but was removed by them automatically).

Exciting indeed! You are going to have to have to post some pics and a write up.

raj.das said:
Lucky you! The car sounds awesome (very similar to what I've ordered today) Delivery December (Fingers crossed maybe sooner as my understanding is the SA build plant delivers quicker?) C250 - AMG Line Polar White Cranberry Red Leather 19" AMG Wheels Premium Plus Package Black Ash Trim AirMatic Suspension Privacy Glass
Nice spec, I nearly went for white (diamond white) and the red leather goes nicely with it!

Let's hope it does get built and sent earlier, shipping will take some time though from SA. When I 1st looked at the car to order I was quoted September delivery, I then ordered 4 days later and it moved to mind October, reason given production moved to SA.

Last edited:
I hope so too...guess it gives me more time to sell my current car but if a good offer comes up sooner than I'll have to just buy something to run around in but clearly would prefer an earlier delivery.

I was very close to go going for Diamond White as it may sound silly but I've never owned an "solid" flat colour but I wasn't keen (nor was the wife) on the creamy hue the Diamond White offers whereas I wanted a crisp white. The ideal would have been if they offered the Polar White in a metallic form...but did save over £800 by not going for Diamond White!

k187 said:
Mine arrives in 11 days. I'm like a kid a week before christmas lol! C220 AMG premium plus, polar white, 19" wheels, privacy glass. The only thing I didn't add was the aromatic (air freshener), the airmatic suspension, and the 360 camera (which I did add but was removed by them automatically).
12th August seems to be a popular date. That's when mine will turn up at the dealer - hopefully.......

Diamond white is the best !

Nice spec, I nearly went for white (diamond white) and the red leather goes nicely with it!

Let's hope it does get built and sent earlier, shipping will take some time though from SA. When I 1st looked at the car to order I was quoted September delivery, I then ordered 4 days later and it moved to mind October, reason given production moved to SA.

Helo,

I also thnk that Diamond white is the best and i also wanted red seats but finally selected black seats because even more classic I think they do better with a white car.

Enjoy your ride.

Swap for red seats, look great with white.

Nice dark red as well, rather than post box red!

2015-Mercedes-C300-Interior.jpg

I was very close to go going for Diamond White as it may sound silly but I've never owned an "solid" flat colour but I wasn't keen (nor was the wife) on the creamy hue the Diamond White offers whereas I wanted a crisp white. The ideal would have been if they offered the Polar White in a metallic form...but did save over £800 by not going for Diamond White!

Exactly the same here. I didn't like the creamy diamond white at all. Although on its own it looks ok as soon as you see it next to a polar or Arctic white it almost looks old and sun damaged. I was really cautious about a flat white too with memories of the way white cars use to look after 5 or so years before paint improved. Mine is on a 3 year company lease tho so I figured it's the best time to get white out of my system :)

12th August seems to be a popular date. That's when mine will turn up at the dealer - hopefully.......

Yeah I've heard that date a lot! I wonder if it's a set of big batches before production moves.

Helo,

I also thnk that Diamond white is the best and i also wanted red seats but finally selected black seats because even more classic I think they do better with a white car.

Enjoy your ride.

I had the same debate :). Red looks nicer I think and makes the car look more expensive to me. But with privacy class, the black panoramic glass and the pure white I wanted to continue that contrast with the interior so stuck with black. Black only slightly won the arguments for me tho so I definitely agree red also looks amazing!

Last edited:
Yeah, I had to get White out my system and the Red leathers also. I nearly went for red in the BMW but it was more of a brighter red (almost scarlet) but this one is certainly a deeper almost burgundy hence picking it.

My 205's delivery has been moved forward a week to 5th December now.
Also, the pricing for the C300h is ridiculous with monthly contribution being higher than the E300h.

Sticking with what I've got!

Jonobigblind said:
My 205's delivery has been moved forward a week to 5th December now. Also, the pricing for the C300h is ridiculous with monthly contribution being higher than the E300h. Sticking with what I've got!

Good news, let's hope it continues to be moved forwards!

Majority if the cars I bought have been black, this time I went with diamond silver, nearly the diamond white but bottled it at the last minute :). Most people prefer the standard white which is crisper, but I actually prefer the slightly off white and the diamond white for me looks awesome and the way it pops in the sun, but it is quite a bit extra compared to standard white.

Also wrt to solid colour my current w204 is actually solid black and I really like it, looks darker than the metallic and side by side I prefer it (when it's clean of course)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom