W205 - Product Guide for MY16 UK ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Driver15, Jul 7, 2015.

1. JBD

JBD Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W205 C Class and ND MX5 Sport Recaro
    They do, all packs are residual enhancing

2. swaziboy

swaziboy Member

Car:
    E53 AMG
    Wonder if there are delivery problems in general from Germany. Perhaps JDB would be kind enough to find out? :)

3. swaziboy

swaziboy Member

Car:
    E53 AMG
    Oops JDB responded a few posts back! Thanks :)

4. swaziboy

swaziboy Member

Car:
    E53 AMG
    Grrr - JBD - apologies for that :-(

5. Happytalk73

Happytalk73 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Vito

I agree. I ordered a C Class 250d AMG LIne estate with premium pack because it's more modern in design. Nicer to look at inside & out (just my opinion)

Priced up a 3 Series 335d M Sport touring. Although it's a lot faster, I assume nicer to drive and got a much better Diesel engine. However, I just didn't like the way it looked both inside and out. Very dated I think. The same shape now for a long time albeit with a few face lifts. Also to spec it up with the same toys as the C Class was ridiculous. £40,000 car and no heated seats!!!

The C Class is a new model and much fresher looking.

Due 19th October.

Can't wait. :bannana:

Ant

6. gIzzE

gIzzE MB Club Veteran

Car:
    530d Touring + ML270 Inspiration
    Maybe they are, but not enough when calculating finance yet.

Why don't your PCP rates come close to contract hire rates?

On a BMW the gap between Contract Hire and PCP is quite small, in fact the 340i as PCP with £3000 down and £351 a month is actually around £30 a month less than Contract Hire, specced the same.
    On the 335d it was the other way, contract hire was slightly cheaper.

On the C250 Sport estate with Premium Plus you are looking at around £2700 down and then £300 a month on Contract Hire, including vat, but as a PCP it was more like £400 a month, initial quote was £460 with £4000 down.

To me that makes me think Mercedes Finance has not factored in true residuals yet like the hire companies have?
    Mercedes always offered 45-50% after 3 years and 30k miles, then we had the crash in 2008/9 and they suddenly started offering around 30-35%. Used car prices have risen sharply in the last couple of years the residuals Mercedes offer don't seem to reflect that. Not from the quotes I have been given anyway. Which makes them seem quite expensive from monthly point of view if you want to have the option to own.

Never mind, I agree with the others, the interiors are lovely and that alone will get people buying them I'm sure.