W205 - Product Guide for MY16 UK ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Driver15

Car
Currently in a Hire Car
W205 - Product Guide for MY16 UK ?

Anyone got one yet or can link to one ?

Thanks

Would be interested in this too. Can anyone tell me when the factory switches MY production?

My estate is due in September so presume that'll be MY16?

Would be interested in this too. Can anyone tell me when the factory switches MY production?

My estate is due in September so presume that'll be MY16?

Mid June, can't remember on week number at moment

I thought the only difference is that there is less chrome on the sport version and the seats now come with the comfort package that used to be a paid option. Personally I would have kept the chrome on the front and side rear.

Seat Comfort package – driver and front passenger seat
Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support and manual seat cushion depth adjustment (6 cm)

I know some of the individual options have been dropped as I was advised that my wheel option and Burmester radio is now a no goer.

Wonder if there has been any hidden mechanical parts changed to improve reliability?

Last edited:
I thought the only difference is that there is less chrome on the sport version and the seats now come with the comfort package that used to be a paid option. Personally I would have kept the chrome on the front and side rear.

Seat Comfort package – driver and front passenger seat
Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support and manual seat cushion depth adjustment (6 cm)

I know some of the individual options have been dropped as I was advised that my wheel option and Burmester radio is now a no goer.

Wonder if there has been any hidden mechanical parts changed to improve reliability?

The lack of chrome on the front bumper makes the noise look just that bit sporter in my opinion on the sport.

its a shame the night package is not available in the uk.

In regards to the chrome on rear bumper sides, im not sure if that looks better or worse to be honest.

Think the chrome on the mirrors has been dropped too.

Its good news about the seats though.

I wonder if the Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support is operated from a control on the door or the actual seat? To be honest I am not sure what a Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support actually is so does anyone know?

Last edited:
Saw a MY16 S205 Sport at MB World today, the lumbar switch is on the side of the seat.

The mirrors missing the chrome is unnoticeable if you ask me.

The car was in hyacinth red, looked really good seriously considering plumping up the extra £200 and changing from palladium silver (as long as it doesn't change my expected delivery date of mid September).

WWTlHT.jpg

96uI0u.jpg

lpkJi7.jpg

It was from June production. First week.

Saw a MY16 S205 Sport at MB World today, the lumbar switch is on the side of the seat.

The mirrors missing the chrome is unnoticeable if you ask me.

The car was in hyacinth red, looked really good seriously considering plumping up the extra £200 and changing from palladium silver (as long as it doesn't change my expected delivery date of mid September).

You could try.... I cancelled a S205 in Hyacinth in March because it couldn't be supplied this year! I was 3 months into the order too...

I wonder if the Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support is operated from a control on the door or the actual seat? To be honest I am not sure what a Electro-pneumatic four-way lumbar support actually is so does anyone know?
Pick mine up next week. Will let you know what it does then!

Pick mine up next week. Will let you know what it does then!

It's operated using a little circular dial on the side of the seat. It just pushes out the seat into your back for support

Is there a way to tell if your car is going to be a 2016 modal using the VIN or anything? I've got a C220 on order for late September delivery and I'm guessing it will be a MY2016 but any way to be sure?

My s205 is due the 23rd Sept and is my16. So reckon yours should be too.

Mines labelled a c250d on all the paperwork as opposed to bluetec and also on the spec sheet it has factory option code 806.

Thanks for the reply. Mines due 26th September. Where do I find out the breakdown? I do have my VIN but it doesn't work on any of the sites etc... Also you said s205 I thought it was W205 or am I confused with that? how did you confirm yours is a my16?

On the spec sheet provided by dealer. Has the shipping dates and factory option codes. 806 - technical modifications (06) is what you're looking for and C220d.

Mines an estate (s205) so in essence the same.

If it's due September it will be model year 16. They've already arrived in dealership

On the spec sheet provided by dealer. Has the shipping dates and factory option codes. 806 - technical modifications (06) is what you're looking for and C220d.

Mines an estate (s205) so in essence the same.

Thanks for this, fantastic info and really helpful. I've checked the spec and it does indeed say "806 - technical modifications (06)" therefore I guess that's confirmation it's MY16. Good news!

I've searched around but nobody seems to know the actually changes from the MY15 to MY16 do you have any ideas? I thought Mercedes would have had a simple statement telling people.

Thanks for the info, went to see mine at the dealers compound last Tuesday and just says C220d on the boot

Thanks for this, fantastic info and really helpful. I've checked the spec and it does indeed say "806 - technical modifications (06)" therefore I guess that's confirmation it's MY16. Good news!

I've searched around but nobody seems to know the actually changes from the MY15 to MY16 do you have any ideas? I thought Mercedes would have had a simple statement telling people.

here you go.

File Name - NN ID 3089 - Attachment 1 - C-Class Model Year 2016 Product Guide

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCEQFjAAahUKEwi2qeOYysLHAhXmoNsKHXR_D4I&url=http%3A%2F%2Fmbworld.org%2Fforums%2Fattachments%2Fc-class-w205%2F314065d1438862084-w205-product-guide-my16-uk-nn-id-3089-attachment-1-c-class-model-year-2016-product-guide.pdf&ei=ZIHbVbbnAubB7gb0_r2QCA&usg=AFQjCNFAN_-DHoVskVauCIpJZDV0WGnFow&cad=rja

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom