W205 - Product Guide for MY16 UK ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, different options, different packs and different base spec.

My guess is Mercedes are pandering to the fleet market, the contract hire firms, where having packs means both lower starting prices and better residuals. Or rather they can add a pack into the end residual rather than have to gobble the price of individual options over the hire period.
Which is great, however, Mercedes finance hasn't quite caught up to this yet, so until they do it will make the car seem more expensive.

As a follow up to the 340i price, I have just had figures back from Lombard to fun the car this morning.
I asked for various options, 5% deposit, 10% deposit, then over 36, 48 and 60 months and I asked for the highest balloon possible at the end of the agreement. Said I was doing 10k miles a year.

The best combo from all that, seems to be this one...

£34000
£3000 deposit
48 x £351.20
Balloon £19000

Would a 4 year old 340i sport touring with the right options get £19k in 4 years time?
Yeah I reckon so, an 11 plate E91 335i was up for £23k recently and sold in days.

When I got quotes on a C Estate 250d Prem Plus at £35k from Lombard the balloon was coming back at £14k after 48 months, which made it considerably more than the 340i.

So I think the packs can be good, but Mercedes need to set the residuals to match the added value they give at the end.

They do, all packs are residual enhancing

wivenhoe said:
I just learnt my C350e is still in Germany when it should have been delivered last week.

Wonder if there are delivery problems in general from Germany. Perhaps JDB would be kind enough to find out? :)

and don't forget their 5 year service deal for £475 on a standard 3 series. Makes me wonder why I ordered a C Class. Actually I just fell in love with its interior:bannana:

I agree. I ordered a C Class 250d AMG LIne estate with premium pack because it's more modern in design. Nicer to look at inside & out (just my opinion)

Priced up a 3 Series 335d M Sport touring. Although it's a lot faster, I assume nicer to drive and got a much better Diesel engine. However, I just didn't like the way it looked both inside and out. Very dated I think. The same shape now for a long time albeit with a few face lifts. Also to spec it up with the same toys as the C Class was ridiculous. £40,000 car and no heated seats!!!

The C Class is a new model and much fresher looking.

Due 19th October.

Can't wait. :bannana:

Ant

They do, all packs are residual enhancing

Maybe they are, but not enough when calculating finance yet.

Why don't your PCP rates come close to contract hire rates?

On a BMW the gap between Contract Hire and PCP is quite small, in fact the 340i as PCP with £3000 down and £351 a month is actually around £30 a month less than Contract Hire, specced the same.
On the 335d it was the other way, contract hire was slightly cheaper.

On the C250 Sport estate with Premium Plus you are looking at around £2700 down and then £300 a month on Contract Hire, including vat, but as a PCP it was more like £400 a month, initial quote was £460 with £4000 down.

To me that makes me think Mercedes Finance has not factored in true residuals yet like the hire companies have?
Mercedes always offered 45-50% after 3 years and 30k miles, then we had the crash in 2008/9 and they suddenly started offering around 30-35%. Used car prices have risen sharply in the last couple of years the residuals Mercedes offer don't seem to reflect that. Not from the quotes I have been given anyway. Which makes them seem quite expensive from monthly point of view if you want to have the option to own.

Never mind, I agree with the others, the interiors are lovely and that alone will get people buying them I'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom