W205 rear parking sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ammo1126

Car
w205 amg line
Hi, my w205 has parking sensors on the front which are working fine, but it looks like the reverse parking sensors don't seem to register anything. Are they an optional extra? I can see, what I assume to be, the sensors on the rear bumper and diffuser.

A picture would help 👍

Normally the system will bleep once reverse is a selected.

A picture would help 👍

Normally the system will bleep once reverse is a selected.
I have attached images above. The bumper has parking sensors, but they don't seem to detect anything. The front ones work perfectly. I am starting to think the back ones are dummies and perhaps an option the original owner of the car didn't equip?

They look exactly the same as the one's on mine. Maybe there's some wiring that's become unattached, although I would have thought that would have thrown up some sort of error. Mine don't beep when reverse is engaged, I have an auto box. They do beep when I'm getting close to something behind me.

MB supplied cars either without parking sensors, some models with rear only, some with front and rear either as standard or as options.

I have never heard of just front sensors being fitted and never with "dummy" rear sensors

Has the car had rear accident a damage and possibly the rear sensors not plugged back in?

What does the interior sensor display look like?

So I had a better look at it and the sensors do seem to be working, although they aren't that great. As I back up I can see the indicator above the rear window light up but I don't get any beeps. I reversed up to a wall and there was no noise even though I was about 20 cm from the wall. Also, the sensors only seem to register something big like a wall, but if I stand behind the car and cover the sensors individually with my hands, nothing registers. I am not sure if it is just my car or the sensors on the car are generally pretty poor

This doesn't sound right.... the car will need to go on STAR (or iCarsoft) to check for any fault codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom