W205 SatNav pronunciation problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tanzenite

Car
W205 250d
Just got back from one of my regular trips down to Malaga in my new W205 with Comand Sat Nav.

The pronunciation (in English) of Spanish & French towns is appalling. My previous car was a C350 with Comand and over 7 years I had no problems with the SatNav. As an example Malaga is pronounced very slowly as "Mar-lar-gar". Ironically when I drove out of Portsmouth Ferry Terminal, the SatNav pronunciation was perfect.

I am also at loss as to what a half turn right or left is.

Any advice etc would be most welcome before I visit the Main Dealer.

Last edited:
I'm not aware of any other solution than changing Comand language to French when you are in France and to Spanish when you drive in Spain. Clumsy when the device knows where the towns are and is able to properly talk that local language but talks like they were English names.

I'm waiting for a new map to see if this fixes two problems

a) When approaching a big roundabout (such as a motorway junction) when not on the motorway, it tells you to keep left when you are going to go right so if you listen to it you are in the wrong lane. This is because it has straightened the roundabout out in it's head and you are taking the 3rd left (it shows this on the Head Up Display as a straight with 3 left turns)

b) The general awful pronunciation. It can say some really complicated names perfectly, but some really simple stuff it is awful at

According to Xentry Diagnosis it should be available but it is not yet..

Richard

Thank you Diesel Benz, How ever, the problem with that idea is that all instructions let alone town names will then be in the selected language

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom