W205 Sound System Upgrade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AliAyman

Car
Mercedes c200 coupe
Hey guys,

I hope you’re all well! I’ve got a 2019 C200 Coupe and I’m getting bored of the stock sound system and was wondering if you can recommend any updates.

I’m not looking to remove the whole unit and replace it, I just would like to add something, preferably affordable and feasible, that would enhance the sound quality, give a deeper bass sound, and less distortion at higher volumes.

Perhaps adding a subwoofer or an amplifier but I really am not an expert in this and would appreciate some insight please!

I had a PP with Burmester and it was great. Either see if you can buy and retro fit that or but another car with it factory fitted. Might be cheaper.

So I got a Kenwood underseat subwoofer and an engineer came to install it today but said that wasn’t possible due to the fibre optics in the car. Is there any way around this?

Comand Online fitted an Alpine flat subwoofer in the boot of my W204 (along with other upgrades), and did a great job.

I have a subwoofer in the boot of my W205. Not sure how they connected it but its definitely possible.

COMAND checks on startup the devices that are connected to the MOST optical ring. It is possible that you need STAR to let COMAND know which devices are installed and in what order. So if the subwoofer fitter did not have STAR, he might not have been able to complete the installation. I am guessing.

I have the Burmester set up - well worth the money!

G

I'm quite happy with the standard Burmester system in ours (which doesn't really have much to do with Burmester, the head unit is I think actually made by Harmon Kardon).

This may be an interesting read, if upgrading is on your mind.:

Also an interesting read with respect to 24-bit files...

Hey guys,

I hope you’re all well! I’ve got a 2019 C200 Coupe and I’m getting bored of the stock sound system and was wondering if you can recommend any updates.

I’m not looking to remove the whole unit and replace it, I just would like to add something, preferably affordable and feasible, that would enhance the sound quality, give a deeper bass sound, and less distortion at higher volumes.

Perhaps adding a subwoofer or an amplifier but I really am not an expert in this and would appreciate some insight please!
Hi - can you tell me what you did regarding upgrading the sound system? I have just bought a C200 coupe and the car hifi shop said they would fit a sub in the boot and an amp hidden in the car. I'm looking at this and options.

Hi - can you tell me what you did regarding upgrading the sound system? I have just bought a C200 coupe and the car hifi shop said they would fit a sub in the boot and an amp hidden in the car. I'm looking at this and options.
Hi Marina! I’d recommend you get in touch with the guys from Command Online UK.

They replaced my amp, subwoofer, main speakers and tweeters with plenty of soundproofing for around £1500 and it sounds phenomenal.

An audio engineer previously told me you can’t fit a sub in the boot in my car due to the way the fibre optics run so might be worth checking. But the guys from Command know what they’re doing.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom