W205 Sport C Class with wood trim?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
I've just seen an Approved Used 2015 W205 Sport with this strange brown wood trim on the centre console and doors - was this ever an option? :dk: It's got the analog clock that went with the (better looking) Black Ash option on the AMG Line, so it's not just a vinyl wrap! Thanks in advance :)

Capture4.JPG Capture3.JPG

I've just seen an Approved Used 2015 W205 Sport with this strange brown wood trim on the centre console and doors - was this ever an option? :dk: It's got the analog clock that went with the (better looking) Black Ash option on the AMG Line, so it's not just a vinyl wrap! Thanks in advance :)

View attachment 92849 View attachment 92850
It was one of the options. Personally I prefer the black ash trim as in my own car but really it is each to his/her own.

Ernie

I’ve seen this wood on W213s too and think it looks great.

So few around with it though, presumably the lease companies all just take them with black ash.

It was one of the options. Personally I prefer the black ash trim as in my own car but really it is each to his/her own.

I prefer black ash too, but I couldn't see any UK option relating to the centre console/door trim for the W205 SE or Sport (only the AMG Line) ... which is why I asked.

I guess anything is less prone to scratches than the piano black!

I prefer black ash too, but I couldn't see any UK option relating to the centre console/door trim for the W205 SE or Sport (only the AMG Line) ... which is why I asked.

I guess anything is less prone to scratches than the piano black!
I think they may have changed the options list from when mine was built (2017-8). Can you not have the black as but without the clock?

Ernie

I'm absolutely no W205 expert but I didn't think you could have anything other than piano black on the SE or Sport (and black ash or black oak - with the clock - on the AMG line), hence the question. Just curious whether this brown wood trim was really an option in 2015, or was it a DIY mod by someone?!

I thought the clock came as part of the premium or premium plus pack on the Sport. I had the C350e 2018 hybrid as a company car (just went back last week as I've changed jobs, bought a 2017 C220d AMG Line as a replacement with my own cash) and I seem to remember the wood trim as an option when I was specifying it.

I think I came across that car also the other day also. I've never seen another one like it. I prefer the black ash which I have had in both of my C Classes, I don't think the brown wood trim sits well with the rest of the interior. When I bought my AMG Line Night Edition a few weeks ago I made sure it had the black ash option.

Available option at additional cost on the Sport.

Attachments

• 014597E6-51A3-4159-9AC9-053AC3AFA165.png
    014597E6-51A3-4159-9AC9-053AC3AFA165.png
    534.6 KB · Views: 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom