W205 sunroof auto close - rains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sparkyme24

Car
Mercedes 2015 saloon bluetec
W205 panoramic sunroof. If I leave the sunroof open and lock the car. The car has an auto function to automatically close the sunroof if it rains. It works fine but even though the sunroof closes automatically when it rains, it is kind of lifted from the back as per the picture!!

this is not the case if I manually close the sunroof.

is this an issue or normal?

thanks

Attachments

• 3BD2E931-5C2B-43CF-BD7A-DEE4C87FCCBF.jpeg
    3BD2E931-5C2B-43CF-BD7A-DEE4C87FCCBF.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
I don't know the answer, but I am guessing that it may have been programmed to behave in this way on the premise that if you left the roof open you must have had a reason to want ventilation (e.g. pet left in the car etc).

Your roof is working as designed. The hand book states that the roof will close if it rains or if left over 3 hours. It states that it will close to the ventilation position and warns that if parked on a slope water may enter the car, further warnings are given that the roof may not close in the rain if the rain sensor is sheltered eg part of the car is under a tree or car port.
mid you have the convenience window closing feature on your key the sunroof and side windows will fully close if you press and close the lock button if you are within about 10 foot of the car. Holding the open button will auto open all as well which is useful to let all the hot air out.
Farmerboy

Your roof is working as designed. The hand book states that the roof will close if it rains or if left over 3 hours. It states that it will close to the ventilation position and warns that if parked on a slope water may enter the car, further warnings are given that the roof may not close in the rain if the rain sensor is sheltered eg part of the car is under a tree or car port.
mid you have the convenience window closing feature on your key the sunroof and side windows will fully close if you press and close the lock button if you are within about 10 foot of the car. Holding the open button will auto open all as well which is useful to let all the hot air out.
Farmerboy
Thank you. Much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom