W205 Useless air con

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I tried that. I see 'save' and 'preview' but I can't see a 'delete' button

23Jyts4.jpg

I can assure you the the a/c is switched on.

The system was set to auto with a low temp setting.

The system does not provide cooling at a level that is anywhere near adequate.

As I stated earlier turning the blower up just results in the air vents slamming shut due to the air pressure from the increased air flow. Then there is NO incoming cooling air at all.

But the system works perfectly when the temperature is low.

The THERMATIC system just doesn't seem to work in an acceptable way when the internal/external temperatures are above average.

I can sympathise and do wonder if some cars are not working as they should.

My previous car a 2014 E300 Hybrid I had from new on occasion would blow hot air into the car to cool it down.

I had someone on the forum telling me how wonderful the system on Mercs was and maybe I was not using it correctly.

Well it was set to auto with aircon selected so what more can I do?

This car was a Hybrid and I do realise how complicated this car was but if the air con was not ready to work properly fine but it should be clever enough not to blow hot air into the car.

It also on occasions would mist up the screen.

My new car a 2016 E350 works perfectly

If the force of the blowers are slamming shut the vents, then there is definitely an issue, but are you sure that's the case?

Isn't it more likely that if you're in full auto mode, that it is closing the vents off itself, to redistribute cooler air through other vents in the car?

I noticed that on my recently purchased (late May) 18 month old S205 C250 AMG line BlueTEC, the aircon didn't seem to blow as cold as my old 2010 C250 CGI.

After about 3 weeks, I booked it into the MB dealership where I purchased it, for them to check it out (whilst I waited). After around 2 hours, they said they could find nothing wrong and "the newer models do not get as cold as the older ones"!!

In fairness, in the 2 week wait after booking it in, it did seem to be getting colder, which I put down to possibly the aircon getting more used, following several months sitting round the MB dealership's network? (I had checked the "is my car taxed" DVLA website prior to purchase and last time it had tax was end of Nov 2015).

It seems to be okay, though to be honest, we've not had that much hot weatherr to test it fully, here in East Kent.

I would have been more reassured though, if the dealership had produced some sort of test results showing the temp of the cool air coming out of the vents (like many local mobile A/C outfits have done for years? Too much to expect from the "experts" at a lot of MB main dealers, I suspect these days?

Phil

I expect there is some kind of fault, but I imagine it can be frustrating to find out what causes faults on modern climate systems. Mine appears to work excellent one day and then - on a rare sunny warm day - will think we are in the depths of winter and blow out warm air. So many sensors for light and temp - they can sometimes give the wrong signals to the system 'brain' but not necessarily be at fault.
I regularly see posts on the Rolls Royce website relating to Shadow II and SZ cars. They had solid state hand built climate control systems - when they work they are peerless - when they don't they are nightmarishly complex and expensive to fix.

My 2017 C300h blows ice cold at the lowest setting.
However I select the vents to use rather than leaving it on auto everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom