W205 wheel alignment excessive tyre wear?

LillianRoot

Car
BMW
Hello,

New to this forum and have a quick question that maybe you guys can help me with. I replaced the front set of tyres on my C350e last August as the nearside tyre was worn flat on the toe/outer rim. New tyres and 7000 miles later, same thing has happened... tyre worn in the same place. The rest of the tyre is absolutely fine.

I did have the wheels aligned but they, Bosch Service Centre, struggled to get the wheels aligned even with Hunter 4 wheel alignment. Mentioned something about control arms.

Tyres on the car are Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2. Stuck with those as they were on the car when I got it. Not sure which OEM tyres were on it when new however.

Anyone had similar experience?

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
The camber adjustment is done by replacing the fixed bolts with fluted adjustable ones. Mercedes Benz supply special bolts for this purpose. You need to take the car to someone who understands how to do camber adjustment.

markjay

MB Master
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
OP
OP
L

LillianRoot

Car
BMW
Hello,

New to this forum and have a quick question that maybe you guys can help me with. I replaced the front set of tyres on my C350e last August as the nearside tyre was worn flat on the toe/outer rim. New tyres and 7000 miles later, same thing has happened... tyre worn in the same place. The rest of the tyre is absolutely fine.omegle xender

I did have the wheels aligned but they, Bosch Service Centre, struggled to get the wheels aligned even with Hunter 4 wheel alignment. Mentioned something about control arms.

Tyres on the car are Hankook Ventus V12 evo 2. Stuck with those as they were on the car when I got it. Not sure which OEM tyres were on it when new however.

thank you my issue has been solved

shiviron

Car
BMW
Hello,

New to this forum and have a quick question that maybe you guys can help me with. I replaced the front set of tyres on my C350e last August as the nearside tyre was worn flat on the toe/outer rim. New tyres and 7000 miles later, same thing has happened... tyre worn in the same place. The rest of the tyre ome tv bazoo is absolutely fine.

i think this issue has been solved successfully for me. thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom