W206 C class PHEV - Autogefuhl review with 60 mile range

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raspy

Car
2015 C350e PP - Torque Monster
Autogefuhl's review of the new W206 C class plug in hybrid - Mercedes claim an electric range of 100km (62 miles) and in this real world test (summer time) the car delivered 97 km of range (60 miles)

Energy consumption after discharging the battery during the test was 18.0 kWh/100km which works out at 3.5 miles/kWh

Looks like MB have improved their PHEV technology over the years @Chris-S @grober

Interesting "hommage" to Tesla with this central dashboard/console design. Slightly worrying residual traces of water under the charging port covers bearing in mind the original hybrid rear charging point leaks! MB have obviously decided that retaining the air suspension was necessary to handle the extra battery weight/handling /ride characteristics. Slightly puzzled by the diesel engine combo option due to compression ignition engines slower warmup perhaps nulifying its inherent better mpg when used in this switched mode form? Still onwards and upwards as they say

Looks like a much better proposition than the W205 C350e doesn’t it.

Hopefully the transition between the regenerative electric braking and the normal friction braking will be a lot smoother. The C350e is so rough and jerky, always had a feeling that that car won’t stop. Compared to the Lexus brake system, the difference is night and day, so smooth, don’t even notice any change in the braking.

Hopefully the transition between the regenerative electric braking and the normal friction braking will be a lot smoother. The C350e is so rough and jerky, always had a feeling that that car won’t stop. Compared to the Lexus brake system, the difference is night and day, so smooth, don’t even notice any change in the braking.
@seekay Maybe your C350e had issues? I've driven the latest Toyota hybrids and whilst their hybrid systems do feel smoother than the C350e (which is an old design now), I've not felt that the transition between regen and friction braking on my C350e to be rough or jerky. It's quite smooth and the friction brakes do a great job stopping the car given the weight.

Our car seems to brake smoothly enough. You can occasionally tell when it switches from regen to mechanical due to a slight change in retardation, but it’s never rough or abrupt.

@seekay Maybe your C350e had issues? I've driven the latest Toyota hybrids and whilst their hybrid systems do feel smoother than the C350e (which is an old design now), I've not felt that the transition between regen and friction braking on my C350e to be rough or jerky. It's quite smooth and the friction brakes do a great job stopping the car given the weight.
I drove another two C350e and a F30 330e BMW as well, they were all jerky when the car was about to come to a stop, also drove a first gen Leaf from 2012, same jerky brakes which was rectified with a facelift model. Maybe I’m just too sensitive to these sort of things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom