W206 easy exit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Judd222

Car
E220 AMG Saloon (213)
Two week old C Class Estate (W206). Love it so far but no matter what i do - cant get the seat to move back when i get out the car - it actually moves forward. Any ideas most welcome. Doing my head in.

Have you tried normalising the seat? Move it all the way forward, hold switch forward for ten seconds, move seat fully rearwards, hold switch rearwards for ten seconds. Worth a try as a first step

Two week old C Class Estate (W206). Love it so far but no matter what i do - cant get the seat to move back when i get out the car - it actually moves forward. Any ideas most welcome. Doing my head in.
Safety feature, my W205 is the same.

They permanently disabled that feature some time ago to stop people (kids I suppose) having their legs trapped in the back when you get out of the front seats - to my knowledge there is no way of re-enabling it either.

Have you tried normalising the seat? Move it all the way forward, hold switch forward for ten seconds, move seat fully rearwards, hold switch rearwards for ten seconds. Worth a try as a first step
Thanks buddy. Tried a couple of times. No avail. Ill keep searching.

Safety feature, my W205 is the same.

They permanently disabled that feature some time ago to stop people (kids I suppose) having their legs trapped in the back when you get out of the front seats - to my knowledge there is no way of re-enabling it either.
Thats annoying. Not that i want to crush kids but the car is advertised with it - surely it should have it?

Thats annoying. Not that i want to crush kids but the car is advertised with it - surely it should have it?
Nope - EU regs mean it’s not a thing anymore. It’s been that way for a few years I believe. The most you’ll get automatically is the seat moving forward and your steering wheel moving up and back out of the way.

Which incidentally can be an issue - at least in the 205, the wheel can stick at its uppermost extent and require some brute force and ignorance to coax it back down…..

Reactions: JHS
Nope - EU regs mean it’s not a thing anymore. It’s been that way for a few years I believe. The most you’ll get automatically is the seat moving forward and your steering wheel moving up and back out of the way.

Which incidentally can be an issue - at least in the 205, the wheel can stick at its uppermost extent and require some brute force and ignorance to coax it back down…..

EU regs do not apply for a W223?

I don't use the feature and I'm not sure but my understanding is that even on the 223 the maximum movement has been limited to keep rear seat space safe. If the 206 does not have the menu to enable/disable steering wheel and seat separately for easy exit, then it indeed might not have the seat part at all.

How about if you have programable seats, set 1 position to seat right back so you can press that before you sit in, or get out, that will get you past the side seat lumber support.
It's one of them things if you have never had it it will not matter to you but if you have had it its a nice touch to have, i had it on an s type jaguar.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. You can do the seat and steering wheel seperetly (turn off the seat) on the 206 but i like my steering wheel pretty high - so that doesnt really help. You can use the 3rd seat save position and hit that before you exit. There are work arounds - i just like to get what im paying for i suppose. Still - lovely drive.

Can you set the 3rd memory function to as far back as it will go and press it when you want to get out ?

Can you set the 3rd memory function to as far back as it will go and press it when you want to get out ?
Yes. Can set seat button 3 for exit and 1 for normal. There are work arounds. Having played with the car a bit more. The steering wheel easy exit does work - i just sit quite high - so the wheel is already at max height. No where for it to go when i get out ;-). Thank you

You have a new 206 ? In the mbux menu under seats does it have the option for easy entry for both seat and wheel or just wheel ??

If it has the option for both then it should work for both I'd be taking backnto the dealers and getting them check the software for the seat control unit and then renormalise the seat position

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom