W207 - a bit more power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jasons69

Car
E220 bluetec
Hi all,

Had my E 220 about a month or so, I didn't buy it for the performance aspect (clearly!), but I'd like a bit more poke.

I've previously had a TT that I had remapped to just under 300bhp, but as it was a late model the ECU had to be removed and opened up rather than a OBC plugin.

I'd be loathe to go this route as the car is still under warranty for another year so looking at a tuning box type thing.

I've been looking at the Brabus boxes (wow!- too expensive as it would have been easier to get a larger engine), so been looking at DTUK and Racechip.

The Racechip Pro is the cheapest option, followed by the DTUK.

I know these aren't the same as a remap, but for me this is the easiest option as I can't see myself owning the car for more than 12 months, and (for some) a remap isn't a desirable option for the next owner.

So, has any any experience of both, or either?

Thanks,

Jason

IMG_0579_zps3fww0giq.jpg~original

Can anyone recommend any other MB forums with more traffic?

80 views with no comments- I had a search, its an question thats cropped up before.

Is it fair to assume that most owners of new/ 2 year old cars are on finance/PCP and therefore don't do anything to them?

Jason

Last edited:
Everyone on here will probably recommend a proper remap like Eurocharged or MSL.

IMG_0579_zps3fww0giq.jpg~original

80 views with no comments- I had a search, its an question thats cropped up before.

Is it fair to assume that most owners of new/ 2 year old cars are on finance/PCP and therefore don't do anything to them?

Jason

I wouldn't have viewed if I'd known it was going to upset you. I don't have a car like yours so couldn't add anything useful. But then if I hadn't viewed I wouldn't have known. This is a Catch22 scenario innit.

I've had both boxes and remaps. I good tuning box is great and can give very good results and allows you to quickly remove it. I think that makes more sense given the year of the car.

Try Ebay for a used Brabus box. It can always be sold-on when you change cars, often for the same as you bought it for.

There's not many other tuning options that are free...

Hi all,

Had my E 220 about a month or so, I didn't buy it for the performance aspect (clearly!), but I'd like a bit more poke.

I've previously had a TT that I had remapped to just under 300bhp, but as it was a late model the ECU had to be removed and opened up rather than a OBC plugin.

I'd be loathe to go this route as the car is still under warranty for another year so looking at a tuning box type thing.

I've been looking at the Brabus boxes (wow!- too expensive as it would have been easier to get a larger engine), so been looking at DTUK and Racechip.

The Racechip Pro is the cheapest option, followed by the DTUK.

I know these aren't the same as a remap, but for me this is the easiest option as I can't see myself owning the car for more than 12 months, and (for some) a remap isn't a desirable option for the next owner.

So, has any any experience of both, or either?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason, I totally get where you're coming from! A bit more poke would be great. Have a look at diesel tuning boxes. Brabus is a bit more high end so I wouldn't even entertain the idea. When I wanted a bit more out of my 220, I looked at Racechip same as you. It's an easy enough website and gives an idea on gains both power and torque. Maybe give them a call? Price wise they offer great value for money!

A majority of performance junkies are in AMG Lounge of this forum so it's understandable your question has been ignored. They don't drive diesels so wouldn't know :(:thumb:

Good idea! Or maybe a 32/55 Kompressor?
To be honest if you have a nice economical daily why mess with it?
I have a 2015 c220 it's boring and quit frankly dull as anything but then picked up a clk55 for £3300 anything but dull and I end up using it daily, had the exhaust modded to give a highly addictive growl, best decision I have ever made .

W208AMG

I wouldn't have viewed if I'd known it was going to upset you. I don't have a car like yours so couldn't add anything useful. But then if I hadn't viewed I wouldn't have known. This is a Catch22 scenario innit.

I note that the OP has not returned to comment, thank etc having received a number of helpful responses.

Another member who expects instant replies but then seems to fade away?

Jason

Nice attitude you have there :fail strange how I managed to find an entire page on threads within 2 seconds.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom