w207 coupe w2011 audio 20 to Comand retrofit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pioter

Car
w207 2011
Hi.
My car is a w207 coupe 2011 production. I would like to have the Comnad system installed.
Therefore a few questions:
Is changing my Audio 20 to Comand 4.7 just plug&play? Can I just swap the unit? Any special new cable connections needed? Do I also need to change the LCD screen? How about the scroll button on the console- does it also need to be changed?
Coding needed

Best woud be able to change to Comand 5.1 - but is that also possible?

Would be great for an anwser.
Thanks

Pioter, a few issues here ..
a) You should install the additional cooling fan system or the unit will cook in the summer
b) In order to be able to get Mercedes to be able to generate map licence keys (so you can install a map!) the Xentry 'Initial Startup' procedure must successfully complete. This is a problem if you want to put the wrong model year unit (and NTG4.7 in a 2011 car is the wrong model year) as last time I tried the Xentry system said its the wrong model. The way round this is to buy a licence key from a dodgy source ...
c) Rotary controller is fine.
d) You need the display surround as display is a different size

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for the anwser.
a) where do I get that?- can I get the diagram of parts needed?- is it plug&play?
b) so if I get this licency key and put it it it will work fine and the system will recognize it corently?
c)ok
d)so a new LCD and the display surround neede
How about the wiring- I use the existing one?
Regards

Does your Audio-20 have a NAV button or not.

If it does, then no wiring changes.
If it does not, then you need a display cable and a load of changes on the Quadlock.

You will need the anti-theft PIN code for the new COMAND, it will have to be entered using Xentry Diagnosis. (factory diagnostic tool)

Once installed, as it is. non-standard, you will have to get a Map USB with the map on , and a Licence Code (which licences that map version to your VIN number), connect USB, enter code.

Cheers
Richard

PS, let us know whether your Audio-20 has a NAV button or not, and i'l point you to a kit in our online shop, and the guys here will help you with wiring changes etc etc

Richard

You may also need to add a USB port !! (or copy Map USB to SD card)

Yes it has a NAV button.
VIN is: WDD2073471F159560

As asked earlier- is Comand 5.1 also possible?

Your car is Model Year 2012, and has NTG4.5 Audio-20. That means no wiring changes, no new display cable, and you already have a USB port. All is good news.

You now need to get this: -
Retrofit Kit for COMAND ONLINE NTG4.5 in W212 E Class - Left Hand Drive
which includes a genuine Mercedes GPS antenna.

Cheers
Richard

ps Comand NTG5*1 is not possible without changing a load of other electronics (SAMs etc) and wiring.
pps. If you do put NTG4.7 in, and its a later model, you *may* have to add an extra power lead - sorry I forgot about that one earlier!

Thanks for the info.
So the retrokit fit you offer will work for 4.7 also? Any diagram of how and where to install the extra power lead?
You say I have NTG4.5 Audio-20 - but doesn't NTG 4.5 stand for comand unit?
When looking for comand ntg 4.7 to buy, how do I determine the difference between the 4.5 and 4.7- they look the same.
What part number does the 4.7 have?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Richard. I have a 2012 w212 e350 and it only has a audio 20 without a Nav button. And a aux in the centre console. I want Bluetooth streaming could you recommend any options. I was thinking to upgrade the head unit however the connectors appear to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom