W207 heater fan intermittent fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pugwash101

Car
E350 CDI Convertible & ML 500
I have a 2012 W207 350CDI on about 95k miles and the cabin heater fan has decided it will only work intermittently, well mainly it wont work.

Pressing the max defrost button does nothing, manually putting the fan on high also does nothing. This started this on Friday and once since then the fan decided it would work for about 5 minutes, not great with the cold weather we've had yesterday and today. Prior to this the heater has worked fine in the 14 months I've had the car.

I have a warranty with the car but before I book it on for diagnostic work - warranty only pays for 1 hours diagnostic work :rolleyes: - could someone let me know which fuse covers the heater fan (the car doesn't have a handbook) and also if anyone is aware of any known faults with the heater fans on these cars.

The car is fine in all other respects, even the 'aircap' still works o_O

Thanks in advance for any help, advice or thoughts before I commit the car to an auto electrician - whilst I think about it anyone recommend a good auto electrician in norther Hampshire?

For anyone who is interested turns out it was the heater 'resistor' - a small electronic module, took my local MB independent about 30 minutes to identify the fault, replacement module on order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom