W207 tail light not working.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Josh1

Car
E 250
Hi all..

My Mercedes E class coupe 2012 W207 rear tail light (on the boot lid) is not working ..

• First of all I’ve tested all the fuses in the boot/trunk.. they all have continuity ..
  • secondly, all the rear lights work when footbrake is applied except the tail light. I have also tested with a multi metre the Voltage across the connector (when foot brake is applied yes) supplying 3rd light and this does not receive any voltage ..
  • lastly I’ve taken out and tested the LED light fitting and works perfectly with all LEDs lit just incase there was some fancy module not allowing the voltage to flow ..

My conclusion is .. does anyone know if the rear light fuses are actually in the boot? Or where their actual location is as I can’t find anything online .. I’d suspect that with all the rear lights working except the 3rd the. The fuse would be fine as I’d assume it would be on the same circuit.

From all my tests.. i believe that the cable has broken in the loom somewhere and I’m going to have to find it .. I will carry out further tests with continuity and voltage between the cables and a earth located on the car.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Cheers

Not exactly what you are experiencing but: The gasket around the tail light will eventually harden/crack and let water in.
This can cause electric malfunction in the lock mechanism and also the license plate illumination.
Unfortunately, the gasket is not available as spare part (it is integral with the tail-light).
Using an an (almost) liquid silicone sealant will fix it but the silicone will have to be
chosen with care as some of them is known to dissolve lacquer.

Not exactly what you are experiencing but: The gasket around the tail light will eventually harden/crack and let water in.
This can cause electric malfunction in the lock mechanism and also the license plate illumination.
Unfortunately, the gasket is not available as spare part (it is integral with the tail-light).
Using an an (almost) liquid silicone sealant will fix it but the silicone will have to be
chosen with care as some of them is known to dissolve lacquer.

I’ve stripped out all of the boot right side to get to the loom forming from the boot lid .. the S bend from the loom was major cable damage from wear and tear. I will re-cable this. Any of you boys have any issues similar now you know.

cheers

Hi. I am having the same issue with my 16 plate. How did you fix it. Also is the fuse separate? Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom