W208 230 k - Need help with a disconnected vacuum line (where to reconnect it?)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mistreku

Car
CLK 230K
As per title, I need to reconnect a vacuum line which I found disconnected. The line goes from the plastic elbow (on top of the throttle body) somewhere under the intake, I think. I tried looking for possible connection points for it, but I can't see much under the intake manifold, if that's where it came from.

I have plugged it with a screw and some duct tape now, as it was an obvious air leak, but I would very much like to reconnect it where it's supposed to be reconnected. Or at least, I'd like to know where it should be, for my piece of mind.

Can anyone help, please?

Attachments

• WP_20140807_19_42_30_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140807_19_42_30_Pro.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 19
Anyone with a facelift 230/200 kompressor? Could you please have a look and see what's the general direction this line goes to (firewall, underside of the intake manifold, etc)?

Well, not all at once, please! :D

Never mind, I found it, it's an air valve, I don't know exactly what its role is, but I have attached the vacuum line back, nonetheless. I haven't driven the car, but I can't imagine making any difference, to be honest, car was running good before too.

Here's the valve, for future references.

Attachments

• WP_20140809_18_28_49_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140809_18_28_49_Pro.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 17
  • WP_20140809_18_28_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20140809_18_28_34_Pro.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 14
Well, not all at once, please! :D

Never mind, I found it, it's an air valve, I don't know exactly what its role is, but I have attached the vacuum line back, nonetheless. I haven't driven the car, but I can't imagine making any difference, to be honest, car was running good before too.

Here's the valve, for future references.

Just seen your post , could it be something to do with the cruise control ? As I believe they work / worked on a vacuum

Hi mate, the vacuum was disconnected from the valve pictured above. It is now sorted. But thanks for the input, anyway! Thumbsup

Gab

Glad you sorted it :thumb: I got your PM but only just arrived home after a very delayed flight

No worries, thanks anyway, it's appreciated! :thumb:

Drove the car tonight, that vacuum line made no difference whatsoever. But it's for my piece of mind. However, while looking for air leaks (and found this and another line going to the purge valve, both disconnected, so two airleaks) I also decided to remove the meshes from the MAF and TB for a bit of more air flow.

Between deleting the meshes and fixing the vacuum leaks, no idea which one made the difference, or perhaps both, but the car does feel a bit faster. Not by much, but still. It could only be the throttle response that got improved, and power stayed the same, but the feel of the car is improved, which was nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom