W208 230CLK Kompressor failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Hi All does anyone happen to know the Supercharger part number for a W208 230clk Kompressor, i've been offered two second hand units which both sellers swear came of W208 230 CLK's both 1999 yet they have different part numbers first one is 111 0900 380 second one is 111 0981 137 my local stealership was as helpful as useual and just wanted to sell me a new one, any advice or confirmation most welcome, thanks

I suspect they will both be ok but email me your chassis number and I will check for you.

thanks

many thanks will post it tonight when I get home and can get it off V5

What has failed?

If it's just a noisey bearing, these can apparently be replaced without too much drama, although dealers in particular will guide you to replace the whole unit. Do a search of the US forums for more information on replacing supercharger bearings.

bearing sounds sweet off car vanes look OK, charger definitely not working when back on car as other threads, changed Lamda sensor, MAF and air bypass / flap working OK can only now think it is the unit itself although I'm told they are pretty bullet proof either that or the ECU output chips are fried but any help advice welcomed thanks

Hi,The electro magnetic clutch could have packed up.This happened to mine some time ago.Back then it cost about £200 for the part plus labour,about 2hrs I think.Might be worth looking into.

It's probably not the compressor at all, that's just a mechanical device.
Check with a meter to see if the clutch is being energised when revved in neutural.
Far more likely is the air changeover flap on the side of the air filter unit. This can fail and/or short taking out the ECU output driver.

Air changeover flap checked & OK, Clutch energises and appear to "thud" in when reving but soon as you take the car off the ramp and road test there is no power and Komp definitely not running. I'm starting to think the flap may have been faulty before I bought the car and was replaced (as it looks fairly new) but by then the damage had been done and the ECU output chips fried, does anyone know if these can be replaced or is it a new ECU?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom