W208 320 - Possible fuel leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mtayre

Car
CLK 320 (W208)
I could do with some help on a possible fuel leak. On filling the car up over the weekend I noticed that there was a small amount of fluid dripping from the filler side of the car, roughly under where the filler is.

From the location of it I assume that it's a petrol leak, but due to how busy the forecourt was I didn't get a chance to check. By the time I'd got home, 2 miles away the dripping had stopped. I had noticed a this drip previously when filling up, but as it was raining each time, I didn't really think anything of it.

I am getting the same amount of miles out of tank and don't seem to be getting any other issues with the car just yet. Has anyone else experienced this sort of leak and is it difficult to get at the filler pipe to check for obvious signs of a leak?

Thanks

There was a strong smell of fuel coming from my W208 320 shortly after I bought it many many years ago along with a drip in roughly the area you describe if I recall correctly.

Turned out to be a clogged fuel filter which hadn't been changed as it should have been at a previous service. New filter on and all was well again.

Cheers, i'll get that checked first then. There wasn't any strong smell of fuel in the car though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom