W208 320 soft top help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JerryandtheSprogs

Car
clk320 w208 convertible
Hi everyone, new to this, first mercs owned, it's a project for me and my sprogs. I'm trying to find the sequence to lower the roof as I know it works BUT the person who I got it from isn't being exactly helpful. I have no idea if engineer should be running, how to set the handbrake etc so any help would be really appreciated. Many thanks in advance, jerry

Pull out and engage the cover in the boot. Turn the handle in the cant rail and push up - it should go ‘over centre’ i.e. up about six inches. Then use the switch to lower the hood. That’s it. Probably best to have the engine running and no need for the handbrake to be on. Think it works up to about 5mph.

Tried that and got a flashing red light on the soft top switch. Means something not locked etc so will try again tomorrow. Thanks for help

Double check the boot separator is fully engaged and the micro switch is triggered 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

If it's anything like the A209 model the boot separator has a gas damper to keep it in place, they get weak and are often the cause of the issues rather than the microswitches so as suggested, make sure it is fully engaged.

Please do report back when you work out what the issue is too as people often forget to put a resolution on a forum and that means others don't find the answer when searching. Best of luck.

Perhaps try resetting the windows, all four and make sure the rear headrests are lowered.
As said above double check the boot separator. Nice car to choose..

OK, checked headrests lowered, handbrake on, engine both off and on, not shut with thingy in place firmly, released roof handle, lift roof slightly and secure handle back in, windows stop down, red roof button lights up, press button, can hear things clicking but nothing happens. Have had a solid red light, a flashing red light and also a beep warning tone. I know the bloody thing works as the previous owner demonstrated but I can't fathom it. Might just stick to learning to do it by hand

OK, checked headrests lowered, handbrake on, engine both off and on, not shut with thingy in place firmly, released roof handle, lift roof slightly and secure handle back in, windows stop down, red roof button lights up, press button, can hear things clicking but nothing happens. Have had a solid red light, a flashing red light and also a beep warning tone. I know the bloody thing works as the previous owner demonstrated but I can't fathom it. Might just stick to learning to do it by hand
Its been a while since my CLK, but don't you lift the button rather than press?

Its been a while since my CLK, but don't you lift the button rather than press?
No it's a red button you press on the w208, I believe the w209 is the one you lift

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom