W208 320CLK newbie question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cardiff_Exile

Car
CLK 320 / Jag XKR
An ‘of the moment’ eBay bargain purchase! :D

The last merc I owned was a W123 230E and strangely this feels the similar. It feels as well screwed together as my W123 although I’m told this period was poor on quality control for Mercedes.
So far so good and I've racked up 500 odd miles without issue. Got if for the daily hack to work and will look to LPG’ing it soon. Anyway…

The question I have is what is ‘normal’ for the water temp display? Mine seems to sit just above 80deg. Also has anyone got some hints and tips for this model? She has 80k on the clock and merc history until 60k, history, MOTs etc all check out.

Thanks

Neil

Just above 80 on mine, and I'm not worrying :)

An ‘of the moment’ eBay bargain purchase! :D

The last merc I owned was a W123 230E and strangely this feels the similar. It feels as well screwed together as my W123 although I’m told this period was poor on quality control for Mercedes.
So far so good and I've racked up 500 odd miles without issue. Got if for the daily hack to work and will look to LPG’ing it soon. Anyway…

The question I have is what is ‘normal’ for the water temp display? Mine seems to sit just above 80deg. Also has anyone got some hints and tips for this model? She has 80k on the clock and merc history until 60k, history, MOTs etc all check out.

Thanks

Neil
Hi there,i have a 2002 w208 clk320 cab with simular mileage to yours,80-90 is normal running temperature for your car,common faults on these models can be faulty crank position sensors(had mine replaced last month),rust on wheel arches/around boot lock,faulty brake light switches & wheel speed sensors,overall they are great cars to own/drive,enjoy;)

That sounds about normal although they can run up and over 100 degrees on occasion..

Wait for it........

Mine sits just above 80 and only goes slightly above before the fan kicks in

Thanks guys, has hit around 90 over this weekend so glad to know it normal. after the head gasket went on the XKR last year I live in fear of temperature gauges!

There is a little bubble on the nearside rear arch but the rest and the boot are rust free.

Off to my tame mechanic next week for a good look over and have booked my gas conversion for mid June.

Neil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom