W208 430 vs 320 throttle body and injectors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GingerAlyx

Car
CLK 430 1999 W208 Convertible
Any idea if they are compatible???

Need a new s/h TB and hard to find a 430 one that isnt stupid price... but easy to find a 320 one around £30

Also are the injectors the same???

Im doubtful that they are the same... but you guys seem to know what i dont so thought i would ask!

Suns out... cars away :(

Cheers guys...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Injectors are definitely different - MB 1130780049 / Bosch 0280155721 for the 430 and MB 1120780049 / Bosch 0280155471 for the 320.

Throttle bodies have different part numbers too - I'd be very surprised if they are the same or compatible - the V8 is 33% larger so the air flow will be commensurately higher too.

Thank you very much!!!!

Any way to check if the throttle body is faulty?? Cleaned it with carb cleaner as in soaked it to get all the crud off and think ive fecked it :( opens up slowly when come off the pedal :( throttle wire has slack... havent touched the tps.. didn't have the problem before...

If there were O rings/seals on the throttle plate spindle they may have gone soft/sticky with the carb cleaner?

Tis what i am thinking... it doesnt *stick* open.. more like revs up slowly and you can see the plastic bit on the side turning slowly open...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom