W208 AC/EC light stays on when pressed, new condenser fitted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
I’ve been doing a few bits to my W208 and sorting the AC out was one of them.
There was no gas in the system and a leaking condenser so condenser replaced yesterday, was getting on a bit to take it for a re gas but when I pressed the EC button the little red light would stay on.
Is this likely because of no refrigerant in the system?, or will it need resetting?, my main concern is I’m wondering how they will re gas it if the AC can’t be activated?.

The pressure switch on the refrigerant circuit will hold the compressor off to prevent damage. Once regassed the pressure switch will allow normal operation. I think on a w208 it won’t need resetting with Star

Thanks, that’s good to hear.
I did take it in somewhere today but they didn’t have anyone in who can do a re gas, not really urgent though as the weather is too nice to not put the roof down today!.

The pressure switch on the refrigerant circuit will hold the compressor off to prevent damage. Once regassed the pressure switch will allow normal operation. I think on a w208 it won’t need resetting with Star
Hi I’m new to this forum I had similar issue. All fans stopped working. My CL420 needed a replacement heater fan resister. It was then regassed. I’ve just got it back but not cooling because the EC light ( economy mode no cooling) remains on and I can’t seem to switch it off. Any ideas ? Thanks

On a CL you will probably need to have the error cleared with Star machine before the AC will work again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom