W208 Alarm Issues

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by 83C, Apr 2, 2017.

1. 83C

83C New Member

Car:
    Mercedes W220 S430
    Hi folks,

Recently I acquired a W208 CLK 230K. It's been stood for a while, but seems to be fairly decent apart from some minor niggles.

The alarm is the big problem - every time I lock it it goes through the self-check procedure and starts flashing the indicators. No siren sounds, but I can't work out why it does this. The only key supplied works in the ignition but the slide-out key section does not work in the locks.

At the moment the only way to secure the vehicle is to lock it and take the battery lead off so it doesn't run the battery down.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

2. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    If you can get at it, the first thing I'd try is the internal battery in the alarm/siren. - Not because I've got any particular knowledge about this problem, just because I suspect it's gone completely flat and can no-longer hold charge (thus it just acts like a capacitor across the alarm).

3. Abb

Abb Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mercedes
    A very common problem on alarms of this era, normal culprit is the alarm siren. They house a small battery inside which normally deteriorates over time and plays havoc with the alarm system.
    IIRC they are around £100 from the stealer and quite a straight forward job. Normally housed in one of the rear wheel archways behind the liner, simple plug and play replacement.
    Google/search forum to find the location specific to your model.

4. OP
    OP
    83C

83C New Member

Car:
    Mercedes W220 S430
    Thanks folks. I'll get searching....

Tags: