W208 Alarm Issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

83C

Car
Mercedes W220 S430
Hi folks,

Recently I acquired a W208 CLK 230K. It's been stood for a while, but seems to be fairly decent apart from some minor niggles.

The alarm is the big problem - every time I lock it it goes through the self-check procedure and starts flashing the indicators. No siren sounds, but I can't work out why it does this. The only key supplied works in the ignition but the slide-out key section does not work in the locks.

At the moment the only way to secure the vehicle is to lock it and take the battery lead off so it doesn't run the battery down.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

If you can get at it, the first thing I'd try is the internal battery in the alarm/siren. - Not because I've got any particular knowledge about this problem, just because I suspect it's gone completely flat and can no-longer hold charge (thus it just acts like a capacitor across the alarm).

A very common problem on alarms of this era, normal culprit is the alarm siren. They house a small battery inside which normally deteriorates over time and plays havoc with the alarm system.
IIRC they are around £100 from the stealer and quite a straight forward job. Normally housed in one of the rear wheel archways behind the liner, simple plug and play replacement.
Google/search forum to find the location specific to your model.

Thanks folks. I'll get searching....

A very common problem on alarms of this era, normal culprit is the alarm siren. They house a small battery inside which normally deteriorates over time and plays havoc with the alarm system.
IIRC they are around £100 from the stealer and quite a straight forward job. Normally housed in one of the rear wheel archways behind the liner, simple plug and play replacement.
Google/search forum to find the location specific to your model.
Hi my alarm seems to work but no alarm sound .can't seem to find were it is .looked in drivers wheel arch fog light. But nothing. Any ideas would be great. Mercedes Benz w208 clk kompressor avantgarde year 2000 .Thanks

Our 208 had the alarm unit inside the passenger side front wheel arch. I simply unplugged it until I replaced it. I caused no problems whilst disconnected and the replacement one was around £100 from MB. Just one seized bolt to remove..

Hi my alarm seems to work but no alarm sound .can't seem to find were it is .looked in drivers wheel arch fog light. But nothing. Any ideas would be great. Mercedes Benz w208 clk kompressor avantgarde year 2000 .Thanks
On the 209 it was in the passenger side wheel arch behind the wheel (under the passenger footwell)
The only key supplied works in the ignition but the slide-out key section does not work in the locks.
Are you sure it's no that the locks have seized up? It's pretty common on these as they never get used. Squirt some penetrating oil or WD40 etc. in the lock for a few days and then gently apply pressure on the key, it it starts to move at all, just keep repeating the steps but don't get impatient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom