W208 AMG Gear Knob

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobb

Car
CLK55 AMG - E92 M3
Nice isn't it.. Does anyone have any info on it? I.e. where can they be sourced etc..

4c977727def500ed951d69da5d293d5d6bbe56cd24033325b2dfdcf9501734664g.jpg

I appreciate that they are extremely rare, thats even if there is any about but does anyone have any experience in finding one? seeing one for sale?

Last edited:
Could you download the pic and then upload it to here please, the link doesn't work and requires a login to the site it was posted on!

Could you download the pic and then upload it to here please, the link doesn't work and requires a login to the site it was posted on!

Apologies, can you see it now?

Apologies, can you see it now?
Yep :)

Apologies if I sound like a broken record today but those shift levers are not made, commissioned or endorsed by AMG (AFAIK).

That said, the 208, 202, 210, 140 (late), 124 (late), 170, 220? and likely loads of others have the same type of shift lever fitment so you can expand your search a little if you are struggling to find one to fit the 208 specifically.

I think it's a bit sad that the AMGs didn't get special shift knobs, after all MB used to do that with sportline models etc.

Yep :)

Apologies if I sound like a broken record today but those shift levers are not made, commissioned or endorsed by AMG (AFAIK).

That said, the 208, 202, 210, 140 (late), 124 (late), 170, 220? and likely loads of others have the same type of shift lever fitment so you can expand your search a little if you are struggling to find one to fit the 208 specifically.

No worries Shude. Ok thanks Ill try looking for a gear knob throughout the other model ranges, it does look abit special though doesn't it? I read on the other forum that those knobs go for £200+!

I think it's a bit sad that the AMGs didn't get special shift knobs, after all MB used to do that with sportline models etc.

I know, annoying isn't it.

Don't know about the rest but E36 and C36 did have different gear knob to the rest

Don't know about the rest but E36 and C36 did have different gear knob to the rest
A quick check of the EPC reveals that there were AMG shift levers on the C36, inherited from the 124 :)

Will do some more digging in a bit. IIRC you can adapt an early 124 (and other) shift lever to fit a later 202/208/210 etc.

Well the 124 had a standard one but it had E 36 on top
The 202 had a silver top and had C 36 on it

Shude:That gear knob is original AMG but it's very rare,it must be Japan only.
AMG had their own thing there and had a lot more to offer like the S series 124 for example

Shude:That gear knob is original AMG but it's very rare,it must be Japan only.
AMG had their own thing there and had a lot more to offer like the S series 124 for example

Are you referring to the Gear Knob in the original post? If so, yes thats exactly what I recall reading (Only in Japan and very rare)

Still want one though, they're lovely

Yes but as you already know they're rare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom