W208 Boot Lock Striker

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveoelliott

Car
CLK 230K W208
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to adjust the boot open striker on the w208?

Thanks in advance...

Is your striker similar to a W202.

Dec
BootLock.jpg

You just slacken the two bolts indicated by Decs pics, the holes in the striker plate are elongated so the striker plate can move to allow you to align it.

As above, depends what the problem is but you might want to raise it up or lower it down, slacken off both bolts and raise or lower the striker a couple of mm and then retighten the bolts, mark the striker in relation to the part it is bolted on to with a pencil line first so that you can reverse any adjustment that you have made if need be.

Dec

Thanks guys...

Well long story short, a while ago somebody apparently adjusted the striker when my boot was opening randomly. I eventually tracked this down to using my multi-contour seats causing some weird problems with the PSE and have since stopped using them.

They adjusted the striker, thinking this may be causing my boot to open. However, ever since it has been adjusted the boot opening seems weak, not as definite and instant as it was before.

Adjusting the striker plate won't make any difference to the boot opening weakly, it will most likely be one of the boot lid springs mounting points has snapped, there are two big springs, one either side on each hinge, it is mounted by the hinge, and fixed in a lug that Is fitted on the body, you can normally refit the spring on/in another hole adjacent to the original body lug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom