W208 Cabriolet Roof Stuck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattyB

Hi,

First of all, this is a really useful resource, thanks!

I'm in the middle of fixing my roof, there's a hydraulic leak from line 54 in the tonneau lifter.

I've removed the line and have put the basics back in place until I get a new one made up - gotta be cheaper than Merc prices right?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the back of the roof has latched, but it won't close completely and so I can't open the boot. Or seal the back window completely.

Is there a sensor on the luggage cover cos I've taken that off?

How can I get the boot open? Is it that the lock has seized with lack of use?

Any help gratefully accepted!

Thanks!

Hi,

First of all, this is a really useful resource, thanks!

I'm in the middle of fixing my roof, there's a hydraulic leak from line 54 in the tonneau lifter.

I've removed the line and have put the basics back in place until I get a new one made up - gotta be cheaper than Merc prices right?

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the back of the roof has latched, but it won't close completely and so I can't open the boot. Or seal the back window completely.

Is there a sensor on the luggage cover cos I've taken that off?

How can I get the boot open? Is it that the lock has seized with lack of use?

Any help gratefully accepted!

Thanks!

Hi mate, this happened to me, all i did was pushed down really hard on the hood cover to lock it, every thing then worked as it should, hope that helps,Dave

Thanks for your advice!

I managed to persuade the boot to unlock using the key, a mole wrench, WD40 and agitation. :)

Once inside there's a hole in the carpet on the ceiling of the boot where there's an allen bolt.

Turning this left releases the hood from the tonneau, and turning it right will secure it.

Cheers again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom