W208 Climate Control Removal Tools

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by shanksy, May 22, 2017.

1. shanksy

shanksy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 e220 coupe + W208 CLK430
    Hi All,
    Does anyone know a quality provider of the little tools you need to remove the climate control.

I've already purchased some off ebay and I know they were cheap, but they are too thick and barely go through the width of the outer plastic. There certainly don't get anywhere near as far in to unlatch the mechanism.

I didn't want to pay through the nose, but don't want to try every tom **** and harry selling these for a couple of quid every time until one comes good.

If someone has purchased good quality ones before, could they shout me where please.

Cheers

2. shadenfroh

shadenfroh Active Member

Car:
    CLK 320 '00
    Too thick? I seem to remember a guide to cut out the things from a credit card. And that's way thicker than the cheap ebay ones I got. I haven't tried them though.

You want OEM quality, so go with the dealer.

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    shanksy

shanksy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W124 e220 coupe + W208 CLK430
    Yeah, i've seen the guide to make out of credit card, I don't understand how that could even work with the thickness.
    I've tried one more vendor from Amazon before I revert to delaer prices......

4. andy27168

andy27168 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG