W208 CLK 320 reverse light switch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oli

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A5 3.0 TDI Quattro
I’ve got an issue with the reverse lights on my old CLK, replaced the bulbs and no Joy, sometimes they come on but more often than not they don’t, I’m assuming it’s most likely the reverse light switch on the gearbox?, so want to try replacing that.
Only thing is I have no idea where it is on them?, I know in some cars it’s underneath the selector in the centre console, some it’s under the car.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve not checked the voltage no, all the other rear lights are fine and the reverse lights do work sometimes, they will either work on both sides or not come on at all.

Oli Looking very much like reverse switch itself .Or a fuse not making contact all the time ,even a bad earth or a wire in the connections --some other problems -brake problem .png

I thought it’s the most likely cause to be honest, just no idea where the switch is on them, when I’ve had to do it on another car before it was below the gear shifter but not sure if that’s the case on the W208.

I have the same problem on a 320 cabriolet 1999 model . Checked voltage to lights 5.45 volts on both connections so presumably now it the switch below this panel how do you get the panel out as I already chipped it trying

This panel how do you get it out ?

Attachments

• IMG_7534.jpeg
    IMG_7534.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom