W208 CLK 320 Tyre Advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DarrenG

Car
CLK 320 Convertible
The time has come once again for new boots! At the moment through circumstance rather than choice I have a cross axle front to rear mix of Avon and Conti (one Conti F NS, one Rear OS) as I picked up two punctures and those were the only ones the nearest tyre fitter had in stock.

The car has the staggered wheel fit with AMG Rims, 245/40 on the rear, 225/45's on the front.

As I'm going to change all four to get a matching set can anyone recommend what brands suit the 208 with these wheels best? Ideally something with a harder rubber for better wear?

The Avon's always seemed quite good (although prone to punctures) but the Conti's have worn very quickly so I'm not keen on choosing them second time around!

Just fitted Michelin PRIMACY HP 205/55 R16 W (91) to my W208 CLK 320 cab as Honest John is always going on about how good they are. A bit more expensive than I normally pay for other tyres but supposed to last longer, save fuel, be quieter and handle well....
Have been on about 1 month so far....seem to be ok. Def smooth and quiet and no problems with handling. Black Circles seemed to be cheapest and most convinent place to get them for me.

Will be tempted to fit them to my W203 C270cdi when the time comes to replace tyres.

Last edited:
Falken FK452's on mine , same wheel setup as yours ...

Cheapest for them are Camskill .

Seem a good tyre , have a good rep on the Jap forums.

I also have Falken FK452's. They are excellent tyres and a good price.

I have the same set up and 2 sets of wheels , Falken FK452's for normal use and Nankang NS2's for track use. Falkens excellent but must say the Nankang just wont wear out, they are very hard and despite been pushed round some severe circuits they are holding up well. Would be the Falkens for me though

Falken FK452s here also. Ordered mine from blackcircles.com, 17" staggered for £347 all in. The guy at Central Tyre (they fitted them) said that they will always beat the blackcircles price.

Seem pretty good so far, as Howard says, they get a good write-up.

I fitted Lassa Impetus Sports (made by Bridgestone in Turkey) to mine recently, same size as yours. Cost, £300 fitted. Strangely the rears 245/40x17 were slightly cheaper than the fronts 225/45x17. The previous owner had fitted Conti Sport Contact 2s all round and these needed replaced after only 13K miles. Will be interested to see how the Lassas last. Also, they have a rim protector which is useful if you have a polished lip.

Cheers guys, have now ordered 4 Falken FK452's and a 4-wheel alignment for Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom