W208 CLK 350 Cabrio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HenryHill

Car
CLK 350 Sport
Hi,

So I have the CLK V6 350 Cabriolet and it is on 92k and will probably go bang because of the balance shaft issue. I am planning on doing the visual check at the weekend and would also be grateful for any recommendations for a code reader. The website from which I found my engine number said that these readers can be picked up on the internet for as little as £20, is this right?

It already has a couple of issues which I hope you guys may be able to help with:

1) Electric Lumber switches are not working, any suggestions of a common fix?

2) I have a ticking/clicking which sounds like it is coming from the OSR wheel area, it is not the wheel because the noise is still there when the car idles. I have, briefly had the car up on a jack with the wheel off and it sounds like a pump or some sort??

Really do appreciate any help or guidance you can give.

Cheers

HH

Edit to add: Engine number is 27296030094977 and the car could probably do with ATF change, is this a DIY or Indy job?

Somewhere on here or t'other side I was given a link to a fantastic pdf file about problemmatical V6 petrol engines, but I can't find it apart from the file itself on my hard drive! You don't have enough posts for me to be able to PM you, but I think you can use my profile to email me your email address so I can email the file to you.

Edit - I've managed to upload the file to this post, if it doesn't work, try my profile to email your email address.

Attachments

• BalanceShaftTSB.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 7
I picked up the Streetwize OBD reader from ECP for £18.99 and it seems ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom